Whisky for this weekend,,,,

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
africajim

Whisky for this weekend,,,,

Post by africajim »

Hi all, well, the winter is upon us,,,,, ok,,,,, apart from the 16 degrees up here this week! Dry, blue skies and sunshine!

Any how, Friday's here and it's time for the bargain whisky for this weekend! Ok, into Asda's for the shopping, quite a lot on offer this week, but I settle for a Singleton of Dufftown, nice dram, a light Speyside dram, fruity nose, spicy flavour with a strong honey aftertaste.

£20 from Asda's this week, bargain!

P.S.
Also bought Fiona a cheap bottle of port, she'll drink the lot for sure! LOL!

Prepare for more posts! LOL!

Damn, the port's finished already! LOL!
Honda, the power of dreams.
-Ralph-

Re: Whisky for this weekend,,,,

Post by -Ralph- »

In Tesco tonight.

Bought a Balvenie Doublewood for £23, half way down it now, had it before but very nice.

The Dalwhinnie 15yo was £25! The Glenfiddich 15yo was also about the same.

A Glenlivet 18yo was £32! Complete bargain!

They are pricing for early xmas presents, go get yourself one!

Heres tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and their a' deid! ;-)
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
africajim

Post by africajim »

Ha ha! The Doublewood was reduced in Asdas too, about the same price but was sold out, any how, I have one,,,,,, well,,,,, there's some left in it! Less in the Singleton so I thought replace, finish old one and start new one, 3/4 a bottle left, looks good! LOL!

Got both the Glenfiddich and the Glenlivet, (can't sneak them past Fiona!But convinced her I needed a new Singleton!) LOL!

Dufftown drams are very nice, under the Speyside umberella, although not really on Speyside as such! Dalwhinnie's quite nice, just a wee bit peaty for me!

“But pleasures are like poppies spread,
You seize the flower, it's bloom is shed;
Or, like the snow-fall in the river,
A moment white, then melts forever.”
― Robert Burns, Tam O'Shanter
appleby

Post by appleby »

All Jura £20 at Sainsburys!
I have gone for the full strength "Superstition" down from £32.
Couldn't tell you what it tastes like as I'm saving this one for my new year camping/fishing trip.
But on the pretty box it says "lightly peated with hints of smoke & spices" or as Jimbo would say "Kipper in a bottle"

At £20 it can taste like Benylyn for all I care . . Drink responsibly people! ;)
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

appleby wrote:All Jura £20 at Sainsburys!
Couldn't tell you what it tastes like as I'm saving this one for my new year camping/fishing trip.
But on the pretty box it says "lightly peated with hints of smoke & spices" or as Jimbo would say "Kipper in a bottle"

At £20 it can taste like Benylyn for all I care . . Drink responsibly people! ;)
So where is this trip of yours????? "Superstition" has just a hint of honney one of the best you can buy so if you dont appriciate it (taste like Benylyn for all I care --- you heathen) I will drink it for you then tell you a couple of days later how much you enjoyed it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
HAMMERHEAD

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

Just stumbled over this post. Jealous as hell now, The Isle of Jura 'superstition' is one of the best whiskies I ever tried (boy have I sampled quite a few).. You'll love it, at that price, I'm off out now to buy a bottle myself.. CHEERS budd..:)
appleby

Post by appleby »

Kenbo wrote:
appleby wrote:All Jura £20 at Sainsburys!

So where is this trip of yours????? "Superstition" has just a hint of honney one of the best you can buy so if you dont appriciate it (taste like Benylyn for all I care --- you heathen) I will drink it for you then tell you a couple of days later how much you enjoyed it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Only joking! I love my single malts, especially the Speyside!

Presently got a Bruichladdich Rocks on the go, and at £20 with a free glass from Morrissons, there is some serious discounting going on!
africajim

Post by africajim »

Asdas is the same just now, also Teso's had some fine single malts when I was in on Sunday, Glenfiddich for £20!
That Jura's lovely, I've a bottle here. Last time I drank it was at the Ullapool rally with Austin, lovely sweet dram, unlike most west whiskies.

Agree with the drink responsibly message, I'm curbing mine a bit, too many malts, not enough days in the week LOL!
Farky

Post by Farky »

You got me on this too. Bottle of Doublewood slowly emptying on winter nights. Really soft mild one this, compared to the Blackbush I've been sipping, it's like a kiddies drink.

Saving the proper whiskey for really cold nites!
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

One for the fellow whiskey heads

Talisker currently at £20 in Sainsburys. Not my favourite but more than happy to slum it at that price.

Get em before they're stolen, half the boxes in my local were ripped open :blink:

P
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything

Return to “THE PUB”