The annual insurance trawl.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
lancashirelad

The annual insurance trawl.

Post by lancashirelad »

Bennett’s have stuck me for £181 this year saying I paid £265 during the last year, yes, I might have, but only cos they shafted me cos I swapped bikes a time or two. So after much comparing I got offers of £140 from Devitts, £150 from Bemoto, & £117 from Swinton, who don’t seem to well rated in reviews?
I hate insurance sorting insurance out, so I think it’s a return to Devitts??
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Tonibe63

Re: The annual insurance trawl.

Post by Tonibe63 »

My van insurance (Directline) was due and the autorenewal price was an increase of 18% for no reason, I did a comparison website (vaninsure) and got it 15% less than last years price plus I got less excess and more benefits.
A bike was due this month (Carole Nash) had increased the autorenewal price by 25% for no reason, MCN comparison got it 10% cheaper than last years price with no increase in excess.
In both cases I phoned the original insurers to ask them to recalculate their renewal quotes but after a few minutes they both said they couldn't reduce it.
In my experience neither seemed concerned about losing my business so f#ck em. Shop around ....... it pays.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I used to phone them and discuss me leaving, then get a better quote .. now I just go Internet and get the cheapest .. the next one up usually.as you say .. fuck em. Can't be assed wiv all that .
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Try Mackenzie , Hodgson--they seem to use the same infrastructure as CN but are better to deal with and cheaper and with more benefits including the odd track outing and retaining full European breakdown etc----I used to be with CN on their 6 wheel policy but, as others have said, they wouldn't negotiate on the price increase so I now have my remaining two bikes with MH and the van separately again. CN are only brokers (as are MH), BUT my new , cheaper bike policy is still with AVIVA as it was with CN!!
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I called Bennett’s & they reduced the price from £181 to £141 the cheapest at £127 is Swinton, surprisingly using the same underwriter not worth the faf of changing for £14 to be honest?
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

No need this year. My CN renewal has just been emailed to me, and to my surprise it’s 20% cheaper than last year. What’s that about?
No changes whatsoever from last year.
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

Try Lynbrook as well.

tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...

Return to “THE PUB”