Is Nuclear War inevitable ?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
johnnyboxer

Re: Is Nuclear War inevitable ?

Post by johnnyboxer »

Tonibe63 wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:56 pm Looking at the current European crisis and Russia have put their nuclear deployment teams on standbyImageImage

Do you think it will happen?

In your last 10 minutes before being vaporised - how will you spend it?

One last ride …..?
You probably wouldn't know they were incoming until the last few seconds and being vaporised is possibly better than some of the more common ways of going that I have witnessed ...... so nothing to fear.
Wether it happens or not I would probably be doing a normal job/chore/family stuff that I enjoy on any other day.
Thanks Image
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
steve the grease

Post by steve the grease »

According to the paper I read , this 'level of advanced readiness' is like a change from ' stuck at the back of the garage with a sheet over it' to ' take the cover off and check if there's any oil in the engine' state of readiness, rather than ' fully gassed up with the engine warmed through' kinda thing . I certainly hope so , I'm rather enjoying being alive
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Someone earlier mentioned Drones, I think thats probably NATO's best route now, flood Ukraine with Combat drones all marked up in Ukrainian symbology complete with an invoice for them (£000000.0000000)...all above board

We are too wary of escalation to allow manned western intervention at this stage.
Poland and Romania is swarming with allied forces now.

A thought I had is that this situation throws a spanner in the works as far as M.A.D. is concerned as in this occasion Nuclear arms are actually preventing the intervention that could save a democratic country from destruction
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I'm sure if Trump was still in the Whitehouse that Nuclear War would have been a real possibility but then again maybe Putin wouldn't have invaded in the first place :?
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Yes. Seminal.
MAD actually became irrelevant 1 or 2 decades ago... when nukes were made a lot smaller and could actually be used in 'conventional ' warfare.
MAD can not work if one of the participants is actually er.. mad.

Pootn was always mad, but is clever enough to wait a couple of decades to build up his weaponry. Judged the west and America to be unwilling, and actually used ,as said, the MAD in his blatant favour.

This is already a world war. Bidn. Pootn. Xi.

The long term strategy has already been worked out, including its variations. Ukraine is a disposable area for proxy war.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Trump. Pootn. Xi.
now that would be interesting..
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

Elmer J Fudd wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:37 pm
lancashirelad wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:42 am In the 70s I worked for the local authority & our building had a warning siren on the building for the 5min warning, during one test the very attractive receptionist asked me what I’d do if it was for real, I said it would involve me & her & at least I’d go out with a smile on my face :D
What were you planning to do with the other three minutes?
Time for a cuddle & a fag??? :D
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

cheer up guys 8-) 8-) 8-)

we all been living under the threat of nuclear catastrophe for most of our lives ... the bit we wern't was whne we were too young to know any different ... the world is still here .. and so are most of us .. except the lucky few who are away with the fairies, of course. :D

conventional wars have been with us from the dawn of human history .. and its not about to change any time soon.

the secret is to think positive (as in `fuck it all`) and get on with your life and enjoy the time we have on this planet.

for those who are more concerned and are actually helping out our friends in need across the way, .. that is fabulous ... a great example of the good side of humanity.

..but don't forget to have a break .. be kind to yourself ... and get out and ride your bike 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
..o .. and don't forget to moan about the weather ,, one of our favourite pastimes .
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

I spent years on the front line in West Germany, with our airborne retaliation sitting in the next "room", waiting for the clock to stop ticking and the jet to be launched and I can assure you that right here, right now, I'm more afraid that the line is about to be crossed than I ever was back then.
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

PHOTO-2022-03-03-22-38-58.jpg
PHOTO-2022-03-03-22-38-58.jpg (156.86 KiB) Viewed 1438 times

Return to “THE PUB”