Is Nuclear War inevitable ?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
catcitrus

Re: Is Nuclear War inevitable ?

Post by catcitrus »

Seminole wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:59 pm Someone earlier mentioned Drones, I think thats probably NATO's best route now, flood Ukraine with Combat drones all marked up in Ukrainian symbology complete with an invoice for them (£000000.0000000)...all above board

We are too wary of escalation to allow manned western intervention at this stage.
Poland and Romania is swarming with allied forces now.

A thought I had is that this situation throws a spanner in the works as far as M.A.D. is concerned as in this occasion Nuclear arms are actually preventing the intervention that could save a democratic country from destruction
I know its difficult to put any logic on Putin's actions but I'm confused over his desire to "prevent the presence of NATO on his borders"---if he occupies Ukraine then he really does have NATO camped on his border?
fatowl

Post by fatowl »

The idea is that Ukraine is a disposable buffer between Nato and Russia.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Steve T wrote:I spent years on the front line in West Germany, with our airborne retaliation sitting in the next "room", waiting for the clock to stop ticking and the jet to be launched and I can assure you that right here, right now, I'm more afraid that the line is about to be crossed than I ever was back then.
Many would agree with you
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

blue is NATO
the rest is up for grabs?
[except China .. which is a russian partner]

ImageAAUy0G6 by gary boy, on Flickr

in the cuban missile crisis, Kennedy faced off Krushchev ...
now, we have a blinking Blinken, a biding Biden, a hesitating Nato, a confused EU, and a lying US puppet in the UK, o .. and a pathetic UN?

Finland? .. Sweden? .. the Stans? .. and more? .... omg !!!!!

I hope the free democratic world has a hidden plan ... coz its not showing.

ps .. happy weekend ... the weather is looking good .. :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-)

pps ... the good guys, maybe, should have been coloured .. yellow???
.. strangely, the colour picked for the courageous Ukraine?
Magnusson

Post by Magnusson »

catcitrus wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:57 am
Seminole wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:59 pm Someone earlier mentioned Drones, I think thats probably NATO's best route now, flood Ukraine with Combat drones all marked up in Ukrainian symbology complete with an invoice for them (£000000.0000000)...all above board

We are too wary of escalation to allow manned western intervention at this stage.
Poland and Romania is swarming with allied forces now.

A thought I had is that this situation throws a spanner in the works as far as M.A.D. is concerned as in this occasion Nuclear arms are actually preventing the intervention that could save a democratic country from destruction
I know its difficult to put any logic on Putin's actions but I'm confused over his desire to "prevent the presence of NATO on his borders"---if he occupies Ukraine then he really does have NATO camped on his border?
I believe there are 5 NATO countries with border to Russia. 8 if Ukraine is included.
Mad people don't have logic that others understand. That is one of the reasons why it's important to stop him now.
Champagne taste on beer budget.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

It's close to too late now, Im ashamed of our Government's lack of action, sanctions that allow 30 days for our clown PM's oligarch mates to move their funds, a Swift mechanism ban on some Russian banks that again is weak, limited and delayed into action.

We have let ourselves become reliant on trading with countries that we simultaneously pretend to be critical of, money trumps everything our society has been led down a path where it doesnt matter if people get abused and their lives wrecked as long as its mostly happening to someone else and we get cheap goods
Our Country slithers ever closer to the corrupt and inhumane practices of those we pretend to despise, the only difference being that the death and destruction of people and Animals we allow in order to maintain our privileged lifestyles is largely remote...... for now
blue bus

Post by blue bus »

i can remember being a kid in early 60s ,not if but when the big bombs were going to go off, 2022 and possible talk of destroying the world i bet God getting really pissed off
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

blue bus wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:08 pm i can remember being a kid in early 60s ,not if but when the big bombs were going to go off, 2022 and possible talk of destroying the world i bet God getting really pissed off
Man fighting against man has been going on forever and will not change until men remove their testicles from between their ears and put their brains back in.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Ban men from ruling countries

Make it mandatory that the PM or head of state is a woman
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

johnnyboxer wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:07 pm Ban men from ruling countries

Make it mandatory that the PM or head of state is a Image woman

I get what you mean that women are generally less confrontational, but the type of Woman that ends up in positions of Power usually has the same negative (Psycho/sociopathic, power hungry) attributes as their male peers.

Think about it,
Thatcher?, Falklands?
How about ..Lizz Truss for PM?

I regard Politicians a bit like I regard Police....anyone who actually wants to be one shouldnt be allowed anywhere near the position

Return to “THE PUB”