MCE ?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Seminole

Re: MCE ?

Post by Seminole »

I was with MCE (Gibralter) and have been told my policy will be defaulted on, then today I get a an email from MCE UK saying they can give me a new quote.
I have emailed them back my thoughts on this

Twunts
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I got the same, I will go elsewhere thanks :o
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Sorry to hear this .. but I suppose mce uk is just as solid, or not, as other brokers? They seem to be a lot cheaper than most, (which is why I chose them), .. but I wonder if that is why their sister company went to the wall?

Apparently, Martin Lewis says 90% of unused paid months will be repaid under financial services compensation scheme, and also 90% of a legitimate ongoing claim.
johnnyboxer

MCE ?

Post by johnnyboxer »

garyboy wrote:Sorry to hear this .. but I suppose mce uk is just as solid, or not, as other brokers?

They seem to be a lot cheaper than most, (which is why I chose them), .. but I wonder if that is why their sister company went to the wall?.

Have you read your MCE uk policy

Does it provide adequate insurance cover for your needs ?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I found the policy quite vague and generalised, as it covered 3pft as well as fully comp. Even the payments, I was unable to find confirmed what I had agreed to. It looks like a policy to be sent out to every buyer.

So it does not cover my needs in terms of understanding, and also of cover, which I opted for 3pft.

But it does cover my needs as to price, which is OK considering I had to take out a new policy for a new bike, in order for it to build up ncd .. I have 0, for a second bike.

I'm not really convinced of the veracity of insurance payouts anyway, looking at all the get-outs they can use .. type of lock and chain, place kept, where stolen who is at fault etcetera.

In the past I have used companies like Bennett, all singing dancing good cover but over 1000 a year for a cheap fiesta and a low powered bike is just not on. So now I go for the cheapest and don't expect much.

Those who say that is bad and wrong.. feel welcome to pay for my 3 policies, now I have a new bike.
Last edited by garyboy on Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

PS .. bikesure wanted 550 to add to my policy for the nc, which I had paid outright at 127.
Mce was 246 but that included national breakdown recovery and a monthly payment scheme.
Interestingly, they don't use a finance company, but take it direct from your card each month.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

garyboy wrote:I found the policy quite vague and generalised, as it covered 3pft as well as fully comp. Even the payments, I was unable to find confirmed what I had agreed to. It looks like a policy to be sent out to every buyer.

So it does not cover my needs in terms of understanding, and also of cover, which I opted for 3pft.

But it does cover my needs as to price, which is OK considering I had to take out a new policy for a new bike, in order for it to build up ncd .. I have 0, for a second bike.

I'm not really convinced of the veracity of insurance payouts anyway, looking at all the get-outs they can use .. type of lock and chain, place kept, where stolen who is at fault etcetera.

In the past I have used companies like Bennett, all singing dancing good cover but over 1000 a year for a cheap fiesta and a low powered bike is just not on. So now I go for the cheapest and don't expect much.

Those who say that is bad and wrong.. feel welcome to pay for my 3 policies, now I have a new bike.
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Just got an email

"MCE, Kroll and the FSCS are working on your refund.

We wanted to check we have the correct address for you as a cheque for your refund will be sent in the post."
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Just got the same 8-)
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Sigh I was left out of pocket (not by a lot) when these clowns went bust and now ever since I am getting insurance offers from the new bunch of crooks* that took them over...Ive unsubscribed 3 times now but doesnt seem to make any difference....Bah!

* I class all insurance providers as crooks so nothing personal ;)
Its a trick............get an Axe

Return to “THE PUB”