Don’t run out of fuel

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tonibe63

Re: Don’t run out of fuel

Post by Tonibe63 »

I reckon the whole situation is a deliberate move by the Government to get all the fossil fuel users conditioned to feeling 'range anxiety' in preparation for electric power. This way we will all reduce our wasted journeys and time spent on the roads plus the increased cost of fuel will make the cost of ownership similar to electric thereby making the pill easier to swallow.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
moto al

Post by moto al »

IMG_E3474.JPG
IMG_E3474.JPG (78.2 KiB) Viewed 1494 times
.HA,HA HA
moto al
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

The 'problem' is hoarding.

The 3 fuel stations in town all had deliveries on Sunday, and are sold out again. This is entirely caused by idiots buying fuel they don't need.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

interesting wekend set off on saturday to explore a route in the cheviot hills no motorway total rout was 251 miles on basecamp ...got to kirkby stephen around noon and the cars were 15 deep on the road ..as it turns that was the last petrol station on the route until kelso ... i were ok massive tank and a 5litre can ...so enough for 350 miles .... got petrol no bother up there i was the only vehicle on the forcourt ?
what i noticed was the further back towards england i got the more deperate it became ...the last three garages on the route home were shut ..
situation is nuts
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

minkyhead wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:33 am what i noticed was the further back towards england i got the more deperate it became ...the last three garages on the route home were shut ..
situation is nuts
I reckon that the greater the population density the greater the fuel "problem". Drove from Aberdeen, a couple of "no fuel garages", past Huntly, plenty of fuel and no queues up to Ullapool, no queues and fuel available.

As someone said, "You can't cure stupidity" :roll:
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

As I was desperately circling empty garages on the weekend, looking at all the 'stupid' hoarders smuggly cruising past, I wondered.."who, actually, is the idiot" ??

PS .. I notice there is no comparison made between the environmental impact made by the canary volcano.. and the glorious savings made by E10 ??
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

Oop North John wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:44 am
minkyhead wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:33 am
As someone said, "You can't cure stupidity" :roll:
very tue
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

garyboy wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:06 pm As I was desperately circling empty garages on the weekend, looking at all the 'stupid' hoarders smuggly cruising past, I wondered.."who, actually, is the idiot" ??

PS .. I notice there is no comparison made between the environmental impact made by the canary volcano.. and the glorious savings made by E10 ??
What exactly is it that you’re so afraid of?
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Back in the UK so decided to take the SCR out for a run Saturday morning. The fuel warning fired up as soon as the bike did, so off the local stations I went.

To be fair I got my fill at the second stop (first out of unleaded, second out of diesel) after some 15 minutes waiting. By the time I put the machine to bed at around 18:00 all the stations I passed were completely out of all types of fuel (coffee or red bull aside).

I couldn't help reflecting on the last time I had to queue for fuel... that was 2012 in Argentina! :oops: :roll:
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

FFS, channel 5 programme 'Panic at the pumps' :roll:
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

Return to “THE PUB”