Double camp bed.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Brenhden

Double camp bed.

Post by Brenhden »

Evening all,
Just back from a week away sharing a double camp bed with my lovely lady and alas it was not comfortable. We had one like this and the bar down the middle was quite the chaperone. Does anyone know of a decent double camp bed where we can spoon? Pack size doesn't matter as it's for the big tent.
31nRYUclTBL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
31nRYUclTBL._AC_SY1000_.jpg (10.03 KiB) Viewed 2010 times
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
daveuprite

Re: Double camp bed.

Post by daveuprite »

Brenhden wrote: ↑Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:06 pm Evening all,
Just back from a week away sharing a double camp bed with my lovely lady and alas it was not comfortable. We had one like this and the bar down the middle was quite the chaperone. Does anyone know of a decent double camp bed where we can spoon? Pack size doesn't matter as it's for the big tent.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Great post. More of a knife than a spoon. Nothing worse than cutlery to ruin a good session...
Helicoptermanr22

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

:))) most people would pay extra for a metal divider:)) :lol:
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

daveuprite wrote: ↑Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:33 pm
Brenhden wrote: ↑Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:06 pm Evening all,

:lol: :lol: :lol: Great post. More of a knife than a spoon. Nothing worse than cutlery to ruin a good session...
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Have you tried air matress on top of the camp bed?
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

The problem with a double air mattress, if one person moves it disturbs the other.
Much better to use two singles but zip the sleeping bags together, unless you’ve been married for years then separate tents in different counties are even better.🀣
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Yeah, I've had numerous cheap and very expensive airbeds over the decades, they always fail in the end. I'm considering just getting a small double mattress to be honest.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

If in the van+camping we have 2 fishing camp beds that are very wide and comfy although not cheap, light or compact (about Β£95 each). If wild camping just in the van we have a double futon which makes up as our removable rock and roll bed (very comfy and Β£40). Last time we bike camped it was 2 single flocked air beds (about Β£20 the pair). Had a double airbed once but forever rolling about (after 36 years we prefer a good nights sleep instead of spooning).
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

Brenhden wrote: ↑Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:32 pm Yeah, I've had numerous cheap and very expensive airbeds over the decades, they always fail in the end. I'm considering just getting a small double mattress to be honest.
Have a look at the Alpkit Double Dozer just in case that ticks the relevant box, the Dozer is pretty comfy, I have a single for van camping
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
tuftywhite

Post by tuftywhite »

When we go family camping we take an Outwell double mattress. It is a self inflating mat but it really is the most comfortable one I've ever slept on, in a tent.

They've changed the design a bit since I got mine so I assume it's better.

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15905705/o ... t-15905705

Return to β€œTHE PUB”