Insurance Shocker!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Thedktor

Re: Insurance Shocker!

Post by Thedktor »

Sorry to hear that. I'm not that familiar with a bike's value with that kind of mileage, I could argue it would be hard to sell at over 2k? Of course, to replace it you need more as I suspect there are only lower mileage bikes for sale.
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

redbikejohn wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:12 pm When my bike was written off last year by a car the insurance would only give me the value of bike taking into account the mileage etc not so called market value of a replacement bike. So cheapest bike on ebay was about 3k but due to me having 116k on bike I got £1800. Still have an ongoing case for uninsured lose/injury etc but so far I'm massively out of pocket despite being blameless.
Did you go to the Financial Ombudsman service with it, the market value is of your bike not necessarily a replacement by the next cheapest one available.
Hope you get settlement soon for the other bits, I'm going through what I thought was a simple claim of someone driving in to the back of me but it's dragging on a bit. In the meantime I have to declare an unsettled claim on all my other policy renewals, the difference for which is being added to my claim from the third party.
Ksithumper

Post by Ksithumper »

Snaf MKII wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:08 am You can update the value, I've increased it on my XR collection as prices have increased over the years.
I guess they will never pay more than you say it is worth, I've just insured the XR500 for £78 fully comp, limited mileage valued at £3500.
Glad to see you're riding a man's bike these days :-)
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

When my Triumph tiger 1050 was written off by LV a couple of years ago--the other party's insurance company-(-It wasn't my fault and I had witness statements)--they offered me HALF the market value and the wrecked bike back. I basically told them to "£$ off and took it up with my company. Aviva via CN--they said don't worry, what extras did you have etc (garmin mount and so on), and sent me a cheque for the total--I even got my excess back as I had protection on that--and a no blame register on the event which has therefore not affected my subsequent renewals . I assume that Aviva then claimed money back directly from LV. Don't accept the first offer!

Return to “THE PUB”