Had the jab yet?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tonibe63

Re: Had the jab yet?

Post by Tonibe63 »

Her indoors had her 2nd back in mid January and has been part of the vaccinating team atleast once a week ever since (aslong as they had supplies), the vaccine was late arriving this week so they are open until 8pm tonight.
I looked up ferry prices for Spain in September but the prices are crazy high so looking at the options for France either riding 2 bikes over or putting them in the back of our van.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Tonibe63 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:19 pm either riding 2 bikes over or putting them in the back of our van.
Take a good look at the rules for 'putting the bikes in the back of a van', Toni. Since brexit you may have to pay for a carnet for each bike and leave a deposit on each one until you return. Not trying to scaremonger, but that's what all the ACU racers will be having to do. Remember brexit has returned us all to the old days and the freedom to just transport bikes around Europe as and when we like has changed. All part of taking back control.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Surely it doesn't matter if they are in a van or on wheels, providing they have a reg number and you can present a V5 in your name?
That's why the UK govt is now issuing V5s for truck semi-trailers if requested (most EU nations already do this).

Personally, I feel carnets for unregistered bikes are a good thing...just think how many stolen bikes got exported to E. Europe when we had open borders.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Back on topic, Kate had her first yesterday, and is feeling a bit 'covidy' today.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:11 pm Surely it doesn't matter if they are in a van or on wheels, providing they have a reg number and you can present a V5 in your name?
Not sure about that. I receive weekly updates for the ACU, and they are not currently making any distinction between V5 registered track bikes and unregistered bikes. I hope you're right because it would be an enormous (and very expensive) pain in the arse.
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Just found this from the MCN
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/bik ... er-brexit/
Looks like owners of road bikes should be alright. Fingers crossed.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Going for my first jab tomorrow.
one-legged adventurer
Richard Simpson Mark II

I've grown extra fingers since having mine, so your leg might grow back.

The implanted chip is very useful...if you get lost you just press on the injection site and it sends a signal to the Government...or so I hear!
Richard Simpson Mark II

daveuprite wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:19 pm
Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:11 pm Surely it doesn't matter if they are in a van or on wheels, providing they have a reg number and you can present a V5 in your name?
Not sure about that. I receive weekly updates for the ACU, and they are not currently making any distinction between V5 registered track bikes and unregistered bikes. I hope you're right because it would be an enormous (and very expensive) pain in the arse.

I think they would want to see a proper reg plate on the bike.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Tonibe63 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:10 pm 2nd Pfizer jab this afternoon (8 weeks after the 1st) and 2 stickers on my card, half expecting some sort of side effects over the weekend.
Fingers crossed for the numbers around the World to get under control and maybe start booking some travel.
9 days on from 2nd jab and no side effects at all :)
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

Return to “THE PUB”