A happy thought for all the Welsh bikers

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Re: A happy thought for all the Welsh bikers

Post by garyboy »

they must have eaten some of those lovely Pembrokshire potatoes, and breathes that great strong air on top of the lung viruses?

or perhaps the UK govt clustering of illegal immigrants had something to do with it?
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

Wtf you can go into a supermarket to buy a can of dog food but not a frigging candle... That first minister wants his head examining as he has surely lost the plot..

I'm transporting some sheep next week so better carry enough food as I ain't going out the van except for a piss....

He reminds me of a firebrand preacher with dodgy eye brows.... So glad I don't live in Wales... Thought the Scottish witch was bad enough... Own here in Hampshire we are free.
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

hmm .. freedom in the UK seems to be in short supply, but in the populous parts of Wales we are used to it, almost, so the new `fire break` (Welsh for `circuit breaker`) gives little change, but actually extends area of travel for `exercise`.

A lot of people are strongly against these lockdowns, public and business people.. and this latest one is going to be extremely damaging to the economy and to public health.

Personally i have thought all along that `lockdown` is the wrong strategy .. but people have been brainwashed into thinking it is the `only strategy` (`the only means` .. quote from BBC Wales Today) .. but it isn't .

lock down the vulnerable and affected PEOPLE ... not .. the PLACES ... !!! ... let the economy continue (with the present safeguards))
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

garyboy wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:26 am
lock down the vulnerable and affected PEOPLE ... not .. the PLACES ... !!! ... let the economy continue (with the present safeguards))
That's been discredited Gary, time and again, by experts who know a lot more about this subject than you or me. And the fact that a small number of scientists looking for contrarian notoriety and funded by very dubious sources think otherwise, and that you've chosen to believe them instead, does not change that.

Of course the whole issue is an imperfect one and a nightmare for policy makers. But just because a package of policy advice has some inconsistencies and some laughable ironies doesn't mean the overall message is not correct for the circumstances. In normal times freedom is a very valuable thing, well worth fighting for, but right now we all have to give some of them up for the sake of the wider community. Principally the freedom to infect others, which is what 'libertarians' are basically calling for...
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Dave, there is a growing body of scientists and advisors that can see the ineffectiveness of locking places and areas down.
It does NOT stop the virus spread.

even the WHO have never advised `lockdown` as a means of control of the spread.

Also, the economic hit is going to be far far greater than the viral hit .. People are on the edge NOW ...
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

.. and remember that the death ratio is one in a thousand. .. that's 60,000 good people dying.
.. the figures say that that amount, nearly, have died already ... but that is because there was criminal intent to place the virus in care homes! .. when these are the very people that should have been shielded. .. and saved ...
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

garyboy wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:45 am Dave, there is a growing body of scientists and advisors that can see the ineffectiveness of locking places and areas down.
It does NOT stop the virus spread.
Of course it doesn't stop it. It slows it down. And it helps an under-funded health service to cope with the large numbers of highly infectious and gravely ill people. If only it was accompanied by a highly effective rigorous track and trace regime, it would work a lot better.

When good theory is misapplied, that doesn't undermine the theory itself.

Anyway, we are where we are. Wales is in a big lockdown. You live there. Do you think it will be adhered to?

(can't reply for a while - I'm off to muck out some horses. When people say life is shit, I literally know where they're coming from...!)
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

thass ok, I am off to muck out my living room :lol:
already done the kitchen ..
I got a washing machine coming tomorrow ... SO excited :D 8-)
phil_h

Post by phil_h »

I'm perversely looking forward to being stopped by the 'border police' on my way to and from hereford every day of the week for radiotherapy.
I'm not sure what I'll actually say to them if they stop me on the way there, as I'll only be able to spare them 5 mins max or I'll be late, given all the roadworks going on - anyone have any interesting lines I could consider ???

btw, I'll be available for cross-border smuggling if anyone needs anything moved :lol:
2021 890 Adventure R
1982 R80 G/S with Siebenrock
2020 500 Excf Rally Bike
2020 500 Excf Trail Bike
1957 Velocette 500 Scrambler
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

We currently have a lockdown in Ayrshire.
Not the one imposed by ScotGov, but Mother Nature has decided that is going to be very wet and very windy all weekend, so no-one is going anywhere, on bikes, or otherwise.
Local travel only as the roads are flooded.

Return to “THE PUB”