A happy thought for all the Welsh bikers

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tramp

A happy thought for all the Welsh bikers

Post by Tramp »

Just heard the latest news... I feel for you all hang on in there life is for living not having dark thoughts..... Please don't do owt daft.
Asgard

Re: A happy thought for all the Welsh bikers

Post by Asgard »

Its mushroom season ....what could possibly go wrong :mrgreen:
Its a trick............get an Axe
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Its good news for me .. RCT is in lockdown, which means that i cannot travel outside the nearby borough boundary ........ whereas the new national lockdown will allow travel `local to where you live` .... which means that i can now cycle further than the nearby local borough boundary. :D

Also, the daft parts of the previous lockdown have been amended to be `sensible`. :? :)

Generically speaking, I can well understand the anger in the low covid areas. :evil:

Are we paying for the English insurgents? or people simply going to work and eating out etc? as officially instructed, by the government.. . or is the general lockdown theory just .. stupid? :(
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Good luck to all my former Welsh neighbours.

The 'eat out to help out' idea was deeply f*cking stupid...get everyone to go out and stuff themselves on the same one night of the week.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:27 pm Good luck to all my former Welsh neighbours.

The 'eat out to help out' idea was deeply f*cking stupid...get everyone to go out and stuff themselves on the same one night of the week.
Mmm, the more time passes, the worse that decision seems to be doesn't it? But you've got to wonder a bit at those who 'took advantage' of it. If you are told that your parachuting course is half price if you use the inferior quality parachute, do you really take up that offer?
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

Thanks people for the support, I am already in a local lockdown unsure at this time how the Friday rules will change my situation. On the bigger picture a few months ago during the first wave there was a lot of talk and prediction of the second wave, I have heard very little of the third wave and beyond not really an avid watcher of current events at the minute and the mainstream media have lost a lot of credibility in my eyes, all been a PITA for me as its all come at a time of potential opportunity, lost job,redundancy, money time of life etc. Others have been far worse off though. Keep chins up, wheels turning when you can, and stay safe. Paul.
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

The national lockdown has one advantage over the previous local restriction whereby we couldn't leave our local authority area; at least now we can enter local authority areas whilst exercising ( all good as I can now 'exercise' out of area on my ebike )
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Hang in there lads...and lasses, six nations resumes next Saturday ;)
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

daveuprite wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:15 am
Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:27 pm Good luck to all my former Welsh neighbours.

Mmm, the more time passes, the worse that decision seems to be doesn't it? But you've got to wonder a bit at those who 'took advantage' of it. If you are told that your parachuting course is half price if you use the inferior quality parachute, do you really take up that offer?

Yep that episode showed me how wrong I was in thinking it was just the young and fit uns who where uncaring or simply thick
Its a trick............get an Axe
steve the grease

Post by steve the grease »

garyboy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:55 pm Its good news for me .. RCT is in lockdown, which means that i cannot travel outside the nearby borough boundary ........ whereas the new national lockdown will allow travel `local to where you live` .... which means that i can now cycle further than the nearby local borough boundary. :D

Also, the daft parts of the previous lockdown have been amended to be `sensible`. :? :)

Generically speaking, I can well understand the anger in the low covid areas. :evil:

Are we paying for the English insurgents? or people simply going to work and eating out etc? as officially instructed, by the government.. . or is the general lockdown theory just .. stupid? :(
Well it was heaving down here in the summer holidays, and still refugees in campervans who can't go back home because they would be locked down ( the North) around. Yet we still have a very low incidence of Covid. Pembrokeshire has had 446 since it all began.

Return to “THE PUB”