Mens mental health.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tonibe63

Re: Mens mental health.

Post by Tonibe63 »

GFJ1 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:54 pm I tried a lot of self help approaches to avoid going the meds route, incl books, meditation, counselling etc, but struggled to make much progress against feelings of dispair, migraine, irrationality and all the stuff that went with it.

Resorted to seeing the Dr in the end and on meds now (sertraline and propranolol). I am now quite tired a lot of the time, quite lethargic, but my head has stopped spinning, my brain relaxing and generally in a much better place. I think it's given me the mental space and capacity to process things in a much more normal way.

Still hold down an interesting, griefy job, have normal life issues, but things are looking and feeling a lot better.

The hardest part is acknowledging you have an issue, and the first few approaches for help. Once things start to turn the corner, it gets a lot better.

I work in an alpha male/female environment, and now talk about it openly. Everyone has been supportive, which is great.

Talk and seek help if you need it.

Thank you for sharing that, it takes strength and may also give strength to others.
Last edited by Tonibe63 on Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
gbags

Post by gbags »

Good thread.

Tonibe, can you just explain that ‘2 ears, one mouth’ thing please, when you talk about listening?

Thanks.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

gbags wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:40 pm Good thread.

Tonibe, can you just explain that ‘2 ears, one mouth’ thing please, when you talk about listening?

Thanks.
I am in no way qualified to give advice but it's just a simple analogue, mainly to remind myself, that we have more listening devices than talking devices. Also that being listened to is often what the person requires, not necessarily for you to provide the answer.
Hope that makes sense.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

Return to “THE PUB”