Very small things that piss you off but shouldn't really...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Re: Very small things that piss you off but shouldn't really...

Post by garyboy »

politicians (mostly) that sit in front of the tv camera and blatantly and calmly defend an obvious injustice
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

Nick Mullins the ITV rugby commentator pronounces Ireland as ‘island’.
Ironically Mullins is an Irish name.
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

garyboy wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:40 pm politicians (mostly) that sit in front of the tv camera and blatantly and calmly defend an obvious injustice
That’s not even a medium size thing, let alone a very small thing :lol:
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

People driving Range Rovers about when they think their eyesight might be defective.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Sorry mate, I didn’t see you.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Flipflop wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:36 pm
garyboy wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:40 pm politicians (mostly) that sit in front of the tv camera and blatantly and calmly defend an obvious injustice
That’s not even a medium size thing, let alone a very small thing :lol:
True ... but they make it out to be a small thing
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Magnon

Post by Magnon »

Reading back through some of the posts in this thread we seem to have gone way beyond ‘very small’ or ‘small’ or even ‘quite big’ things that annoy us :mrgreen:

Some of the issues seem to be having a serious impact on the posters ‘mental health’ and I’m quite worried about carrying on in case Mr. Upright spots any dodgy grammar or punctuation!
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Or should he be daveuptight? ;) :lol:
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Woooah, wait one minute. If you read my grammar 'piss off' post properly you will see that I don't get pissed off about the fact that loads of people don't spell well. I get pissed off when those who have made the effort to use good grammar are accused of pedantry by those who haven't.

You can look back through the many posts I've put on ABR and not one of them picks someone up on mis-spelling. I don't do that. I'm no grammar policeman, and I don't much like those who are. It's your personal issue if you can't be bothered to use our shared language properly and not really my business, unless you write indecipherable gibberish of course, in which case don't expect an answer -and why are you trying to publish your nonsense on a public forum anyway?

One last point on this... Blaming poor english on a poor education decades ago is lazy. You are not 'educated'. You educate yourself. You are helped in this directly at school up to 16/18 years and then it's up to you to carry it on, learning every day. You can only blame yourself if you don't educate yourself. In my own case, I don't blame my school or others for the fact that I know little or nothing about electrics - I blame myself for being too bored and lazy to learn it. And I certainly wouldn't have a go at a fully experienced and qualified electrician for being good at something I have chosen to neglect myself. The same applies to spelling.

And the last, last thing... Yes, I meant for these 'piss off' things to be trivial things that shouldn't really bother you but do nonetheless. Here's another:

Coffee table books. The big expensive middle-class hardback books on bauhaus architecture, or Hockney's oil paintings, or whatever, that people leave around pretentiously but never actually open, let alone read, so that they look interesting when people visit.

Return to “THE PUB”