Wednesday

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
soho

Re: Wednesday

Post by soho »

As a courier I've been riding throughout. The upside has been some enjoyable riding on quiet roads throughout the country. The downside is that there have been cars overtaking me at 100mph+, people failing to distance themselves at fuel stations and in buildings (especially lifts) where they have been crowding in with complete disregard for their own health and that of others.
I have found the level of attention needed to do the right thing in public all day and avoid complete wankers at the same time leaves no room for pleasure. I haven't done any personal riding for weeks and I don't intend to. If this is what it has been like during lockdown, lord help us all when everyone is back out there on "Happy Wednesday" It'll be another major outbreak with an R10 infection rate. Although I'm doing essential riding I may just stop if it get too stupid.
Only my own view of things, what do I know.

( I've also been volunteer dropping local pharmacy prescriptions to vulnerable people, who when I've turned up have been taking no advice on social distancing. What's the f*****g point ? )
soho

Post by soho »

Not really an addition to my last post, but Happy Wednesday on the roads wasn't as mental as I thought it might be. A lot more traffic yes but not gridlocked.
I rode from London to Portsmouth and on to Bishops Stortford.Then back to London and a quick run out to Northholt.
But -
This is what suprised me based on all day. Loads of youths (Gucci handbags an'all) in groups riding bicycles all over the place. 1 late 80's Genesis EXUP riding nicely on the A27, 2 leathered up lads on 250 sportsbikes M25 riding at 65ish. Then ? -Tons ( I mean TONS ) of GS's fully panniered looking like they should still be on L plates, blasting all over the show. :D

At least I'm in a slightly better mood than yesterday ! ;)
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Glad to here it Nick and you survived to tell another long tale lol.. I think its a bit cold for the Sunday bikers yet... BUT my biggest worry is on Sunday it'll be like a Manx road race circuit with lots not having ridden since last October all nervous and glittery...

I'm staying off the roads this weekend as I value my life... Always Monday..
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

it was a bit chilly today--I used my kawa Super Sherpa for work--I try and give each bike a regular run out--its a short trip but better than nothing---I haven't noticed any increase in Joe Rocket or Hardly Ableson types passing through my village thank goodness--as has been said--we'll see what the weekend brings--I'm in no rush as I've been working and riding a bit through this shutdown.
bowber

Post by bowber »

Popped out for an hour or so local ride this afternoon, there was a few bikes and some extra cars but not much and nothing like how I thought it was going to be.

Steve
phil_h

Post by phil_h »

Tramp wrote: ↑Wed May 13, 2020 5:28 pm Glad to here it Nick and you survived to tell another long tale lol.. I think its a bit cold for the Sunday bikers yet... BUT my biggest worry is on Sunday it'll be like a Manx road race circuit with lots not having ridden since last October all nervous and glittery...

I'm staying off the roads this weekend as I value my life... Always Monday..
:shock: :?
Ok, so its not so bad still being locked down in Wales :roll:
2021 890 Adventure R
1982 R80 G/S with Siebenrock
2020 500 Excf Rally Bike
2020 500 Excf Trail Bike
1957 Velocette 500 Scrambler
soho

Post by soho »

:shock: :?
Ok, so its not so bad still being locked down in Wales :roll:
[/quote]

Companies House office in Victoria (London) has been closed during the lockdown and all urgent documents now go to Cardiff main HQ. I'm going there once a week at the moment, helmet off, mask/gloves on to deliver and no signatures just photo of delivery. No one I deal with there has had any PPE ?
( I only do distance runs, I've been home all day today, not one job ! ) :o
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Other than start my CZ175 up and run it round the garden i have been out on my bike once which was yesterday. My Himalayan has been a donor of fuel for the lawnmower :shock: since mid March but i am using it for work now so i had to fuel up yesterday. The roads were nearly as busy as they ever were. Even though the petrol station is only a couple of miles away my trip meter showed 32 miles when i got home. I did stop off for a walk in Thetford forest on the way round though.
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

has anyone been off roading on the lanes etc? what sort of reaction did you get from the nimbies?
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

dibbs wrote: ↑Fri May 15, 2020 9:59 am has anyone been off roading on the lanes etc? what sort of reaction did you get from the nimbies?
Yes, didn't see a soul.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ

Return to β€œTHE PUB”