Off-roaders on the beaches

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Asgard

Re: Off-roaders on the beaches

Post by Asgard »

Tramp wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:26 pm I wouldn't believe anything in the press these days they twist the info to sensationalism levels...

To be honest if the riders where best mates and his friend was on verge of suicide... I suffer from bad anxiety and his mate said come on lad well ride to the beach have some chips it'll cheer you up and we won't meet anyone.... What harm did it do?... Fuck all...

Many grown men are suffering from depression and have suicidal thoughts... Give folks some slack.
Yeah but you just made all that up, they could just as imaginably be nothing more than a couple of bored blokes...who knows
Last edited by Asgard on Tue May 05, 2020 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Its a trick............get an Axe
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Did I read that the CPS was having to review every summons and FPN issued by the police over the 'lockdown' because the briefing the police were working to bore no resemblance to what the legislation actually says?

For example, nowhere does the law say that you can only exercise outdoors once a day only and for no more than an hour. It just says you can go outdoor to exercise. I take the dogs out twice a day with my partner. We never see anyone. So why worry?

The police even told some woman doing yoga exercises outdoors, that yoga wasn't exercise, and told 2 brothers playing in their own front garden that they were breaking the law.

Then they all stood on Westminster Bridge, shoulder to shoulder, to 'clap for carers'.

WTF!
steve the grease

Post by steve the grease »

PaulinBont wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:29 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52491652

Always had scramblers on the coal tips in the Valleys- it's been a problem for years but I've never seen them on our beaches until now and we are talking about very popular tourist beaches on the Gower- an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty . Taking the p**ss!

Not a numberplate to be seen . Idiots .
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

to me.. there is a big difference between a couple of lads taking a chance on tarmac, but with the proper gear on, tax, insurance mot, licence .. but getting caught and paying the price ...than ..

a couple of scrotes with none of the above,
trashing through our lovely welsh coastline,
getting away with it,
and giving us a very bad name !!
onslowe

Post by onslowe »

To start with I though the 2 Whitby bound bikers deserved what they got but the more I think about it I thought it was harsh. On a daily basis I see hundreds of people taking greater risks and potentially causing more hassle. Groups of cyclists hiding behind the exercise excuse but probably out for longer and at greater risk of being in an accident (I feel much more exposed to danger when cycling due to other road users), workers at shops, building sites and even the NHS/Police when grouped together for tik-tok videos or clapathons. Plenty of gangster and gypsy funerals in the media with huge gatherings where the police fail to act. Not condoning travelling around for a take away but these bikers were a scapegoat, as per normal, so unless riding like idiots I think they were badly done too, how many cars and vans were stopped on the same road ? Anyway my bike has stayed in my garage but I think we should be allowed out soon as with all our protective gear I think we are less of a risk than most especially if we don't stop for a natter and I will be too busy making up for lost time for that. The sooner we get the nod the better, take care and stay safe.
simonw

Post by simonw »

Whenever I think about going out for a ride these days (which ostensibly should be zero risk from a coronavirus perspective), I imagine myself being wheeled into A&E out of the ambulance (having come off the bike and broken my leg or something!), past lots of coughing patients and staff with masks on and not being able to get up and run away. Then I stop thinking about going for a ride! :lol: (More competent riders might not feel this way!)
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

onslowe wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:45 pm To start with I though the 2 Whitby bound bikers deserved what they got but the more I think about it I thought it was harsh. On a daily basis I see hundreds of people taking greater risks and potentially causing more hassle. Groups of cyclists hiding behind the exercise excuse but probably out for longer and at greater risk of being in an accident (I feel much more exposed to danger when cycling due to other road users), workers at shops, building sites and even the NHS/Police when grouped together for tik-tok videos or clapathons. Plenty of gangster and gypsy funerals in the media with huge gatherings where the police fail to act. Not condoning travelling around for a take away but these bikers were a scapegoat, as per normal, so unless riding like idiots I think they were badly done too, how many cars and vans were stopped on the same road ? Anyway my bike has stayed in my garage but I think we should be allowed out soon as with all our protective gear I think we are less of a risk than most especially if we don't stop for a natter and I will be too busy making up for lost time for that. The sooner we get the nod the better, take care and stay safe.
They were stopped in North Yorkshire, the police there are over zealous with motor cyclists, also rampant with speed cameras. Beware when riding there. The speed camera capitol of the country! You have been warned.
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

The bikes on the beach got me curious so I checked to make sure it's not a legal route (which it isn't) and then noticed what looked like a huge play area to the east of the stepping stones. I'm surprised if anyone would have noticed any damage done by bikes.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gower ... -4.1698781
Probably a local land owner out for a play with mates who was surprised to see so many walkers in the first weekend of lock-down.
Still shouldn't have done it, now at or any other time.

Return to “THE PUB”