Street Riding Years - free download

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
mark vb

Re: Street Riding Years - free download

Post by mark vb »

How nice to see a CD185.... it's brought back well forgotten memories of the one I had to use riding for a photographic set-up based near Centre Point, Hanway St if I recall correctly. The top box must have been the widest/longest/thinnest anywhere, to accommodate the prints. The 'seedy' itself was virtually indestructible.
Thanks for doing all the pics, they have really stirred a lot of great memories.
Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

Really enjoying reading your book, it brings back many long forgotten memories.

Great montages too.
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Seeing that picture of Jools Holland and Paula Yates reminds that i delivered a couple of packages to Paula and Bob Geldof.
I know you shouldn't speak ill of the dead but she looked at me as she took the package like i was just some sort of shit though Bob on the other hand was pleased to see me.
steve the grease

Post by steve the grease »

I just wanted to say thanks for uploading your book for us to read. It brought back some memories of those times for me, which was for the most part pleasurable ( absent friends and all that lot). I know I have a problem putting a couple of thousand words together every month or two, so a hell of an acheivement there mate ( never mind the desert trips) Thanks.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

What amused me was that the Triumph Bonneville and the Ducati 900SS seemed to have been mechanically problem-free, while some of the Japanese stuff died very quickly.

Chris still has dreams about his 900SS...I still have dreams about them. If you've never been hands-on with one you might not understand why.

An assault on the senses is about the best description I can think of. Walk past one ticking over and you could feel air being gulped by each induction stroke, and if you stood behind it each exhaust pulse could be felt hitting you in the legs.
Chris S

Re: Street Riding Years - 1987

Post by Chris S »

1987 and the despatching boom is starting to implode – or at least the high-earning wild-west years are coming to an end.

In other news:
Withnail and I; Hungerford; the first modern stock market crash; Thatcher’s last term; Kings Cross fire; the Great Storm; Max Headroom; Herald of Free Enterprise.
erth3.jpeg
erth3.jpeg (121.24 KiB) Viewed 1648 times
erth2.jpeg
erth2.jpeg (104.57 KiB) Viewed 1648 times
erth1.jpeg
erth1.jpeg (112.72 KiB) Viewed 1648 times
jkay

Post by jkay »

I was there too and you really have captured the moment brilliantly a great read and thank you for bringing back fond memories .

Ps it was tough in them there days and I wouldn't want them back although I'd like my tenere and katana back

Return to “THE PUB”