SORN your bikes

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
lancashirelad

Re: SORN your bikes

Post by lancashirelad »

The bike has been on SORN since Nov for the first time ever, I was aiming to tax it from tomorrow but instead I've put the wife's car on SORN as I don't think there'll be much opportunity for top down motoring in the near future?
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
OB1

Post by OB1 »

I contacted my local bike shop yesterday because my service is due. They're working with a skeleton crew so that orders are still going out and bikes that have been bought are being delivered to their new owners, however, they're not taking any bookings for servicing. So, once the curfew is lifted, they're going to have a glut of bookings and I'm going to be stuffed again!
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

Have you all thought this through, the most you'll save per bike per month is £7.58 if you then need to tax before a month end you will pay for that month anyway. If you paid with a credit card or some debit cards you also have a surcharge. All the same money is money and if you're running a fleet of higher rate bikes it does add up.

As most of my bikes are sub 400cc it's £3.58 a month or free due to historic. The BMW is there for transport if needed but I'll be walking until we're allowed out again.

The vans are remaining taxed in case I get called out for work and I don't have a car.
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Im keeping my Africa twin taxed so when the civil unrest starts I can head for the hills lol.... (although I could be a rebel and not bother taxing it coz what's plod going to do! they'll be too busy shooting the looters!!) :D
Chalky723

Post by Chalky723 »

Mine is staying taxed, it's £7 a month & I may need it for transport/shopping etc. if the car breaks (unlikely).
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

I sorned my three bikes yesterday, I have a car now if I need to go anywhere for necessities.
one-legged adventurer
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

The Alp has been SORN'd for a while - I try and only run one machine through the winter and it's the F8GS that gets the dirty shift :mrgreen: . The F8GS has now joined the Alp on SORN, leaving me with the new CB5X to commute and shop with (it's only taxed cos it was part of the "on-road" charges when I got the bike :roll: )

Glad I racked up the miles on the 'ickle bike in the first month and got it serviced before this shit storm blew in :shock:

And to Mr Snaf MKll - if £7.58 means so little to you, please feel free to donate it to my dwindling bank fund :twisted:

Steve T

8-)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

The triumph has been SORN’ed since October and since it’s stored in a garage a mile from here, & with work/life commitments I’ve had very little opportunity to go over and do anything with it. I’d originally intended to tax it from April 1st as it was due an MOT May 1st, so normally I would do some maintenance, oil change etc prior to the test.
However I went over yesterday and discovered that the battery is possibly toast, or at least there’s no power when I turn it on, only a glimmer for a split second. The trickle charger does indicate all 4 LED’s indicating a good battery but the battery was over 2 years old with very little use on it so I’ve ordered a replacement battery, charged up the jumper pack that I carry in the car and I’ll go over at the weekend if the replacement battery arrives and take appropriate tools and a test meter and spend the day with it. It’s also forecast sunshine and 18’c this weekend so that’s a bonus
steve the grease

Post by steve the grease »

dodursley wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:45 am SORN'd 2 bikes but leaving 1 road ready, thinking about SORNing my car as the wife's is low emission taxfree so no point in SORNing.
Any tax refunds come as a cheque, all the local banks have closed, so I suppose I have to drive/ride 10-15 miles to an open bank to put the refunds into the banking system. Cannot use the Post Office (if they are open?) as do not have any paying in slips.
You can pay in with a picture off your phone now*. I noticed that in the new T&C from Lloyds ANY cheques are now dealt with as a photographic
image and not a paper copy.

* assuming you have banking app on phone.
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

unfortunately my phone is only a phone ( or a tool kit substitute ) so cannot do that.

Return to “THE PUB”