Lockdown

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
AlanHolt

Re: Lockdown

Post by AlanHolt »

Tramp wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:16 pm 3 weeks is not a tall ask after 50 plus years... Work has stopped so glad I've savings... Chin up old bean... Hopefully come autumn life will be normal again...
3 Weeks is very optimistic, Spain is already into week 2, they have extended the 2 weeks to 'at least 4', and is looking at extending it 'until summer'.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Shidosan

Post by Shidosan »

I've been to B &Q today and bought some rolls of rockwool....... I'm self insulating like I've been told ;)
It will be alright in the end.... if it's not alright.. it's not the end !
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

We have a goverment still making decisions on movement based on the Economy not on saving lives
They are True Tories I hope they all rot in hell
Its a trick............get an Axe
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Asgard wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:50 am We have a goverment still making decisions on movement based on the Economy not on saving lives
Yep, exactly what's happening. They just can't bring themselves to put health first, second and third - instead of the economy. In the long run, the economy would recover better if the chance of virus recurrence was properly snuffed out. Which means complete lockdown, not this half-arsed version. Trump is doing the same thing, but worse, in the US. He is basically guilty of manslaughter by not taking the measures he should be taking to save lives. You don't have to pull the trigger to kill someone at a time like this, you just have to not make the vital decisions that you are responsible for taking.

I was watching UK breakfast TV earlier and they zoomed in from above to a busy construction site in London. When they zoomed back out I immediately recognized the Battersea Power Station redevelopment. This is a large project to build luxury penthouse apartments, priced from £500k - £3 million each. This is NOT essential work and Johnson should have closed it down. Those workers share minibuses to site, travel on the tube, work closely together all day and return to their families. They need to be paid to stay at home!
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

daveuprite wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:05 am
Asgard wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:50 am We have a goverment still making decisions on movement based on the Economy not on saving lives
Yep, exactly what's happening. They just can't bring themselves to put health first, second and third - instead of the economy. In the long run, the economy would recover better if the chance of virus recurrence was properly snuffed out. Which means complete lockdown, not this half-arsed version. Trump is doing the same thing, but worse, in the US. He is basically guilty of manslaughter by not taking the measures he should be taking to save lives. You don't have to pull the trigger to kill someone at a time like this, you just have to not make the vital decisions that you are responsible for taking.

I was watching UK breakfast TV earlier and they zoomed in from above to a busy construction site in London. When they zoomed back out I immediately recognized the Battersea Power Station redevelopment. This is a large project to build luxury penthouse apartments, priced from £500k - £3 million each. This is NOT essential work and Johnson should have closed it down. Those workers share minibuses to site, travel on the tube, work closely together all day and return to their families. They need to be paid to stay at home!
Not a great fan of the Scottish government, but fair dues they've said that all non-essential building is to stop.

And I agree that Trump appears to be only interested in his personal polling ratings.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

The fact that they have extended all mot's by 6 months shows this isn't going to be a 3 week lockdown.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7

Return to “THE PUB”