COVID-19......Your Situation

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
johnnyboxer

Re: COVID-19......Your Situation

Post by johnnyboxer »

Spike941 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:43 am One of my mates who is a bit of a part time Radio DJ has set up an internet radio station in our town, although it’s more like a village really, and which a few of you might know as This Country. He broadcasts from his basement and really sounds quite professional considering the basic equipment he has. Even available on Alexa as of yesterday. A lot of interaction with the local community, of all ages, and really quite moral lifting and a great way to find out what’s available and who’s delivering stuff. Many joined in last night with his radio quiz, and his Breakfast show is quite popular.
Any other positive happenings in your area during these restricting times?
Human spirit is amazing in these darkest of times
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Spain has just announced the closure of all non-essential businesses and activities from Monday for 2 weeks. Those who are employed will be able to claim their lost hours back in lieu before the 31st December 2020.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
seismicgunner

Post by seismicgunner »

For me I work offshore in the Seismic sector of Oil and Gas, started off as a 6 week swing , 6 weeks and 2 days ago, now stuck in the Gulf Of Mexico having to be away for another 6 weeks. It sucks but at least I know we are safe as no one allowed on or off the ship, and we are getting paid an additional 6 weeks pay, but it is frustrating .
My Wife moved the Mother in Law in for a few weeks, so to be fair I think I'm in the best place :lol: :lol: :lol:
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Interesting that I have noticed the helicopters to/from the north sea rigs have been busy, I'm not sure what to make of that
Its a trick............get an Axe
dazcoates

Post by dazcoates »

Interesting about the flights , we are still making fittings etc specifically for gas and oil installations and have been contacted by our biggest customer to make sure we have no plans for closure.
Our hr department have sent us all letters stating that they have no intention of closing unless they are forced to.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Some of you will know Chris Prince, at Motobreaks - because you'll have stayed there on your France trips.

Well he only lives 5kms up the road from me, but obviously I can't pop up there anymore. He's on his own, with no guests right now of course. Anyway he just sent us a facebook update with a photo. He's doing fine, repairing shutters on the main house etc. I can't seem to post the photo up on here but basically you can imagine it for yourself: A rugby ball, perched on top of the bar in the club room. On it he has painted in red a perfect copy of the 'Wilson' face that Tom Hanks uses as his only friend in Castaway! Always loved his sense of humour....
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

WILSON...superb, say hello for us Dave, tell him to stay safe, ie. No ladders, o my ground floor shutters :lol:
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

chunky butt wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:07 pm WILSON...superb, say hello for us Dave, tell him to stay safe, ie. No ladders, o my ground floor shutters :lol:
Yeah, I've already told him, Steve. No ladders without management approval. He just said that he hardly knows the difference between lockdown and his normal winter contact with the outside world. Bit like us, actually...
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Not a soul to be seen, life as normal then ;)
20200329_153952.jpg
20200329_153952.jpg (121.69 KiB) Viewed 2360 times
Earache

Post by Earache »

Spike941 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:43 am One of my mates who is a bit of a part time Radio DJ has set up an internet radio station in our town, although it’s more like a village really, and which a few of you might know as This Country. He broadcasts from his basement and really sounds quite professional considering the basic equipment he has. Even available on Alexa as of yesterday. A lot of interaction with the local community, of all ages, and really quite moral lifting and a great way to find out what’s available and who’s delivering stuff. Many joined in last night with his radio quiz, and his Breakfast show is quite popular.
Any other positive happenings in your area during these restricting times?

Is there a link where we might be able to listen to this? Would like to see something like this done for our small mountain community.

Return to “THE PUB”