covid dystopia

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
MotoCP

Re: covid dystopia

Post by MotoCP »

Gary, have you been wandering around outside without wearing your foil hat again?
:?
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

MotoCP wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:54 am Gary, have you been wandering around outside without wearing your foil hat again?
:?
yup !! .. I really should continue my many-year self isolation 8-)
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

ggp59 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:13 am Have you ever considered not using the internet in the early hours of the morning??
But if you insist, maybe find a forum that is actually interested in the shite you're churning out, as you look a bit top heavy in the amount of reactions to your own post here!

I realise even this post is what you want - an actual reaction, so won't be reading or commenting any further.

At least you were amusing when cataloguing the destruction of an innocent CRF 250! :?
I am really sorry you feel that way .. and shall truly miss your valued and frequent contributions 8-)

I thought I was simply stating the blindingly ovious :shock:
but shall continue my entitlement to free speech .. while it lasts. :lol:

As for destroying my CRF250L .. you will be pleased to know that it was all put back to standard before i swapped it for my Emtb .. and it looked ever SO beautiful when it was thoroughly cleaned .. all shiny and sparkly, ready for its next unsuspecting owner.

Best Wishes
Thedktor

Post by Thedktor »

ggp59 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:13 am Have you ever considered not using the internet in the early hours of the morning??
But if you insist, maybe find a forum that is actually interested in the shite you're churning out <snip>
Bit harsh, how about you start some relevant threads yourself? ;)
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Thankyou Steve :)

I am looking forward to some interesting ggp threads :|
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Well .. got up this morning (as opposed to the usual retiree `afternoon`) ..and .. everything was quiet.
It was innerving.
Usually the horrible evil neighbours are annoying me with their smoking outside my first floor window (the witches have brooms) and chattering their evil inane place-possessive shite.
But it was all quiet.
No birds, no evil neighbours, no church bells .. it is a Sunday .. and no visible traffic on the road.
Outside my window I can see an abandoned building site, with motionless orange machine arms, very stiil pointing skywards.

Unusually for me, I had not seen any recent tv news, so had no idea what the worlds panic population was now getting up to .. or not getting up to.
Was everyone dead?
Would I need to break into the local Iceland and open tins of Chicken Soup and raid their toilet roll stores?

Then I heard it.
The usual inane piped music of the local church, No doubt a recorded sort of Sunday Service anthem for our local sinners.
Today it was particularly loud and came streaming through my first floor window, as if directed straight at me.
Had I sinned recently? Was a I a non believer of the pandemic? Would I be punished by the invisible?

I thought of my symptoms .. chest pains, slight headache, tiredness, and a new cough?
OMG .. I got it .. I got the covid 19 shit.
Then my lovely nose began to dribble .. first a little bit of snat .. then profusely, with eyes watering in sympathy.

O, Thank God for the fabulous dribble … its a COLD .. not the dreadful .. er.. wotsit.

.. to be continued (thankfully)
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Suddenly the church music stopped.
I looked out my window and had a sudden realisation … it wasn't coming from the church. The church was in the other direction. And I had believed this for over five years. .. What else was I wrong about,

I looked out the other window .. and there were the birds .. the usual pair of doves, the blackies, and the sparrows and the pair of red robins.

But I hadn't put out any food for them?
They must have been desperately looking in the old place.
But I had stopped recently due to the local neighbour objections. They don't like to see anything nice going on, that they do not control, themselves.

I coughed my dry cough .. and all the birds flew away.
Perhaps I am just imagining it all?
But it is so quiet.
So like always in situations like this, I decided to get it all out of my system, and headed for the loo.

To be continued (thankyou)
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

As I sat on the throne, I still had no idea what was going on in the world .. so turned on the radio .. well it felt like the radio, but it was a smart phone.. listening in to the outside world.

You know, like in the catastrophe films.

The first thing that came on was a video from Singapore, `reassuring` the world that `everything was ok` and under control.
I began to get nervous.
This sounded serious.
They never talk nice and calm like that.
And I had recently spoken to a lady from Singapore.

I put the phone on `speaker` and placed it on the radiator.
In the small poo room, it sounded exactly like the old time radios .. I could imagine the family of innocents, huddles around the ancient radio, listening to news of the spread of the Triffids.

The guy was in a friendly pink shirt, and spoke calmly and logically, and with a very reassuring voice.
So I know it was very serious.

I reached for my large stock of toilet rolls and waited for the chicken soup to take effect.
I have always self isolated and washed my hands frenetically in that OCD way we all know, so knew I was still doing what was now advised for all.

Had the world survived?
Was I alone?
Why was I no longer constipated?

I don't know.
I don't know anything anymore.

But I feel better for writing this.
Even if it is still eerily quiet .

I wonder if the petrol stations will be manned this afternoon?
perhaps I need to get out more?
ggp59

Post by ggp59 »

OK, a last word on this before I bugger off and leave you to it

I realise that using a motorcycling based forum will contain stuff thats of no interest to you, so usually skim over it.
As it happens the other blokes mechanical threads were always interesting and quite inspiring, and some of the 'spreading a swing arm with a big tyre lever to get a wheel back in' certainly amusing :D

But someone using an issue that is highly likely to effect your livelihood, your own health and the then ability to help a person who depends that help as a weird form of personal entertainment you just know you're in the wrong place! I come to places like this for the distraction!!

As for not starting many threads myself, i find what I get up to on a bike quite interesting but don't really expect anyone else to, so generally shut up about it.
A bit like I read a lot of newspapers, but don't write letters etc. to them as didn't realise that was part of the deal! :D

Have fun, and hope the coming months are even more fun for you
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

We all deal with stuff in different ways, I have been getting arsey lately towards anyone I percieve as not taking this shit seriously and apologise for that.

Its gonna be a long haul, Gary don't change mate
Its a trick............get an Axe

Return to “THE PUB”