boboneleg

Re: Belt Blues

Post by boboneleg »

You shouldn't have so much land, it's a lot less bovver with a hover :lol:
one-legged adventurer
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

boboneleg wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:36 am You shouldn't have so much land, it's a lot less bovver with a hover :lol:
A fair point, well made...
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

chunky butt wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:00 am That's it, a very selfish attitude that.....has anybody ever thought about how the belt is actually feeling in all of this.....its got feelings to you know, not its fault it has to fit on a mtd....self self self :lol: :lol:
I've got nothing against the belts, Steve. I just want to see a lot less of them...
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

chunky butt wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:00 am That's it, a very selfish attitude that.....has anybody ever thought about how the belt is actually feeling in all of this.....its got feelings to you know, not its fault it has to fit on a mtd....self self self :lol: :lol:
I think I remember having to fix your good lady wife's mower at some point ;)
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

We can end this thread now.

I torched my MTD mower to the ground, tracked down its designer and tortured him to death with a shredded drive belt. I am now festering in jail for life, but content that ride-on justice has been done.

Problem is, it's spring and the grass is growing....
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

In all seriousness Dave, is it the one with a 2 cutter deck running a B&S V Twin?, if so I have discovered a great method for changing the belts on em.
Its a trick............get an Axe
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Asgard wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:10 pm In all seriousness Dave, is it the one with a 2 cutter deck running a B&S V Twin?, if so I have discovered a great method for changing the belts on em.
No, it's more basic than that. Three belts. One drives the mower deck (one set of blades); one is a drive belt that transfers power from the engine to the 'gearbox'; and one shorter belt does reverse etc.

I can't help thinking it could all be done in a simpler way. But of course I have many years in clink to re-design it.

Meanwhile, soup is fine but trying not to drop the soap...
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

diggermanbob wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:52 pm
I think I remember having to fix your good lady wife's mower at some point ;)
Argh now that was the old stiga......right pile of shite, made to a price unfortunately, but you did a brill repair there Bob, problem is it's still a pile of shite.

Return to “THE PUB”