Belt Blues

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
User avatar
boboneleg
Posts: 4733
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:52 pm
Has thanked: 1268 times
Been thanked: 767 times

Re: Belt Blues

Post by boboneleg » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:36 am

You shouldn't have so much land, it's a lot less bovver with a hover :lol:
one-legged adventurer

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
daveuprite
Posts: 2868
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:47 pm
Location: Limousin France
Has thanked: 1401 times
Been thanked: 1829 times

Re: Belt Blues

Post by daveuprite » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:55 pm

boboneleg wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:36 am
You shouldn't have so much land, it's a lot less bovver with a hover :lol:
A fair point, well made...

daveuprite
Posts: 2868
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:47 pm
Location: Limousin France
Has thanked: 1401 times
Been thanked: 1829 times

Re: Belt Blues

Post by daveuprite » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:56 pm

chunky butt wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:00 am
That's it, a very selfish attitude that.....has anybody ever thought about how the belt is actually feeling in all of this.....its got feelings to you know, not its fault it has to fit on a mtd....self self self :lol: :lol:
I've got nothing against the belts, Steve. I just want to see a lot less of them...

diggermanbob
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:44 am
Has thanked: 573 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: Belt Blues

Post by diggermanbob » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:52 pm

chunky butt wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:00 am
That's it, a very selfish attitude that.....has anybody ever thought about how the belt is actually feeling in all of this.....its got feelings to you know, not its fault it has to fit on a mtd....self self self :lol: :lol:
I think I remember having to fix your good lady wife's mower at some point ;)

daveuprite
Posts: 2868
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:47 pm
Location: Limousin France
Has thanked: 1401 times
Been thanked: 1829 times

Re: Belt Blues

Post by daveuprite » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:56 pm

We can end this thread now.

I torched my MTD mower to the ground, tracked down its designer and tortured him to death with a shredded drive belt. I am now festering in jail for life, but content that ride-on justice has been done.

Problem is, it's spring and the grass is growing....

User avatar
Asgard
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:45 pm
Location: Variable
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: Belt Blues

Post by Asgard » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:10 pm

In all seriousness Dave, is it the one with a 2 cutter deck running a B&S V Twin?, if so I have discovered a great method for changing the belts on em.
What use is being well adjusted to a sick society?.

daveuprite
Posts: 2868
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:47 pm
Location: Limousin France
Has thanked: 1401 times
Been thanked: 1829 times

Re: Belt Blues

Post by daveuprite » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:15 pm

Asgard wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:10 pm
In all seriousness Dave, is it the one with a 2 cutter deck running a B&S V Twin?, if so I have discovered a great method for changing the belts on em.
No, it's more basic than that. Three belts. One drives the mower deck (one set of blades); one is a drive belt that transfers power from the engine to the 'gearbox'; and one shorter belt does reverse etc.

I can't help thinking it could all be done in a simpler way. But of course I have many years in clink to re-design it.

Meanwhile, soup is fine but trying not to drop the soap...

User avatar
chunky butt
Posts: 1680
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:39 pm
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 534 times

Re: Belt Blues

Post by chunky butt » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:38 pm

diggermanbob wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:52 pm
chunky butt wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:00 am
That's it, a very selfish attitude that.....has anybody ever thought about how the belt is actually feeling in all of this.....its got feelings to you know, not its fault it has to fit on a mtd....self self self :lol: :lol:
I think I remember having to fix your good lady wife's mower at some point ;)
Argh now that was the old stiga......right pile of shite, made to a price unfortunately, but you did a brill repair there Bob, problem is it's still a pile of shite.

Post Reply

Return to “THE PUB”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 62 guests