Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I'm reading "The Fire and the Fury"...apparently Trump was horrified to have won the election.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

He wasn't the only one
Its a trick............get an Axe
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Jak*

Post by Jak* »

There have been numerous reports of people going out now for walks etc and finding all the toilets are closed. On the radio this morning they were talking about the number of young people who have been groomed into become drug runners during this crisis and they have blamed the closure of youth clubs. People seemed to forget that youth clubs and public toilets in many counties and cities across the country were already shut prior to covid in the name of austerity.
This article makes interesting reading https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... t1P2MBqih8
Unfortunately I think in the rush to get back to normality most people will forget this government’s incompetence.
Cheers
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

daveuprite wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:22 pm Image
The interesting thing about Trump vs Twitter is: Why doesn't Twitter just delete Trumps account? Problem solved.

Of course that doesn't get Twitter followers which equals income, so they won't do it. Which makes them both as bad as each other.

I think Trumps original message was misunderstood, what he actually said was "let's make America GRATE again", but was too stupid to spell it correctly and his voters too stupid to realise.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Elmer J Fudd wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:48 pm what he actually said was "let's make America GRATE again"
You could well be right there, Elmer.

I'm sure he likes plenty of cheese on his pizza, in front of a real fire....
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Some words of wisdom here for Trump and the voting public.
Cheers
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Jak* wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:17 am
Some words of wisdom here for Trump and the voting public.
Cheers
Yeah, very good words. Just hold off on the 'hugging each other' bit until the infection rate's down!

What a terrible situation when people like this have to speak the words of wisdom that their president should be uttering. When people have to speak out to prevent their sabotage president from continually making things worse. The semblance of law and order that remains in the US right now is despite Trump not because of him. Those with a sense of responsibility, like this police chief, are actually having to plead with the leader of their own country to for goodness sake shut his mouth, rather than constantly pouring petrol on the fire each day. An incredible state of affairs. It makes even the awful Nixon and GW Bush eras look vaguely sensible.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

when I saw the riots an America, I thought `good` .. about time that the people demanded change, on all levels.
unfortunately it takes violence and destruction and death, to change injustice.
no-one wants that .. but it seems the only way against tyrants.

when I saw Trumps reaction to the riots, I thought `good` .. now the people will see who they really have as leader.
unfortunately, some people will die to right the wrongs.

when I saw Trump get his personal police bodyguard to Gas and shock bomb the people outside his house, I thought `good` . this will really seal the deal, for people to see the truth of who they have as leader, and the willingness of American police to help him ..

then I thought ...mmm … lets just wait and see what the American people are actually like??
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Johnson says: "I take full responsibility for everything this government has been doing and I am very proud of our record.”
From PMQs today’s .
When we have 1% of the world’s population and 13% of the recorded deaths (I am aware that some countries’, including our own, deaths may be under reported) what does it take for him to be embarrassed.
The truth seems to be that he has been more focused on pursuing a hard Brexit than dealing with the virus, hence why he kept Cummings in his post. But as with Trump, there are those who will defend and support him.
I have spent most of the day in the garage, which is great except for when the travel comes on the radio and it is prefaced by ‘Only travel if it is absolutely necessary’ obviously Cummings doesn’t listen to Planet Rock. 😃
Cheers

Return to “THE PUB”