Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tonibe63

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Tonibe63 »

My Wife had a cough, loss of taste/smell and temperature of 38 degrees back in April. As a nurse she was told to take 14 days off work which she did. At work they recently all had to have an antibody test and she tested negative. My Wife and I think it was an incorrect result.
If the test had shown a positive, as in positive for having immunity against catching the virus, our attitude would have remained the same regarding social distancing/face masks/hand washing/sneeze into a tissue or crook of elbow etc etc because of protecting our parents, kids and grandkids.
There's a core group of youngsters/young adults out there who think they are immortal/will never catch it (we all did at that age) and I wonder if that attitude comes from their parents or possibly passed up to their parents. For them, until a mate dies of it, an antibody test is also not applicable to them. The parents need to be mindful of that because the 50+ age group are the higher risk, what a way to thank your parents for all the sacrifices they have made for you by giving them the virus.
We can moan all we like about Government this and Government that but at the end of the day the virus doesn't infect you through a letter sent from the Government, it infects you by you getting it in through your mouth or nose.
I used to laugh at news reports from Asia where people walked around in masks but on reflection I was wrong, they have had Sars and Mers (which we hardly heard about) and have learnt from it.
Disposable mask, scarf, homemade material mask, motorcycle muff type etc etc ........ it doesn't matter what it is just wear it so that you don't breath it in, don't sneeze it out and don't touch your face.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Tonibe63 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:00 am My Wife had a cough, loss of taste/smell and temperature of 38 degrees back in April. As a nurse she was told to take 14 days off work which she did. At work they recently all had to have an antibody test and she tested negative. My Wife and I think it was an incorrect result.
If the test had shown a positive, as in positive for having immunity against catching the virus, our attitude would have remained the same regarding social distancing/face masks/hand washing/sneeze into a tissue or crook of elbow etc etc because of protecting our parents, kids and grandkids.
There's a core group of youngsters/young adults out there who think they are immortal/will never catch it (we all did at that age) and I wonder if that attitude comes from their parents or possibly passed up to their parents. For them, until a mate dies of it, an antibody test is also not applicable to them. The parents need to be mindful of that because the 50+ age group are the higher risk, what a way to thank your parents for all the sacrifices they have made for you by giving them the virus.
We can moan all we like about Government this and Government that but at the end of the day the virus doesn't infect you through a letter sent from the Government, it infects you by you getting it in through your mouth or nose.
I used to laugh at news reports from Asia where people walked around in masks but on reflection I was wrong, they have had Sars and Mers (which we hardly heard about) and have learnt from it.
Disposable mask, scarf, homemade material mask, motorcycle muff type etc etc ........ it doesn't matter what it is just wear it so that you don't breath it in, don't sneeze it out and don't touch your face.
Agree with most of that Toni, but there are too many exceptions to the generalisation that young people are complacent for it to be a useful one. Large numbers of middle-aged/older people have given up on distancing and masks too, if they ever did either in the first place. Ridiculously, there is now an added political element, as Trump and other ego-driven male leaders make it a matter of machismo to not wear a mask - and are copied by those (often older men) whose fragile egos are bolstered by such things. It's pathetic, but it's happening.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Dave, I can never see the images you post I just see the word "image", I have to quote the post and then copy the URL from the quote to get to the image
Very Odd
Its a trick............get an Axe
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Asgard wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:31 pm Dave, I can never see the images you post I just see the word "image", I have to quote the post and then copy the URL from the quote to get to the image
Very Odd
I can see that one, but at times it's confusing just seeing a blank answer, but like you "quoting" it lets me see the URL as well.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

I wouldn't worry. Nothing I post is much worth bothering with anyway... :D
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

Tonibe63 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:00 am Disposable mask, scarf, homemade material mask, motorcycle muff type etc etc ........ it doesn't matter what it is just wear it so that you don't breath it in, don't sneeze it out and don't touch your face.
The problem with a muff is that they are not as woolly as they used to be, so there is a tendency for gaps to appear at the edges. If you can get one which has maybe developed a bit of stubble to match your chin, then it acts like Velcro and it can be difficult to get off, but you won't find a better fit. You may need to breath through your ears though. :lol:
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I have been irritated by all these people whingeing about needing a haircut. Hardly important is it? My wife had a had given me a couple of light trims but that was it.
On the way to get some paint this morning my barbers was empty to I popped in.....
ooooh, how lovely does it feel to have that haircut!
I rescind my miserable attitude.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Elmer J Fudd wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:32 pm
Tonibe63 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:00 am Disposable mask, scarf, homemade material mask, motorcycle muff type etc etc ........ it doesn't matter what it is just wear it so that you don't breath it in, don't sneeze it out and don't touch your face.
The problem with a muff is that they are not as woolly as they used to be, so there is a tendency for gaps to appear at the edges. If you can get one which has maybe developed a bit of stubble to match your chin, then it acts like Velcro and it can be difficult to get off, but you won't find a better fit. You may need to breath through your ears though. :lol:
There's nothing quite like a bit of in-yer-end-o
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

DavidS wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:51 am I have been irritated by all these people whingeing about needing a haircut. Hardly important is it? My wife had a had given me a couple of light trims but that was it.
On the way to get some paint this morning my barbers was empty to I popped in.....
ooooh, how lovely does it feel to have that haircut!
I rescind my miserable attitude.
Pub not bothered, restaurant not bothered, hair cut? like a rat up a drainpipe on Saturday to get it cut! been driving me nuts!
Livable with day to day, OK cycling helmet, motorcycle helmet looked like I had stuck my finger in a socket when I took my lid off!

Return to “THE PUB”