Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
bill_qaz

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by bill_qaz »

A suspected Covid-19 male patient is lying in bed in the hospital, wearing an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose. A young student female nurse appears and gives him a partial sponge bath.

"Nurse,"' he mumbles from behind the mask, "are my testicles black?"

Embarrassed, the young nurse replies, "I don't know, Sir. I'm only here to wash your upper body and feet."

He struggles to ask again, "Nurse, please check for me. Are my testicles black?"

Concerned that he might elevate his blood pressure and heart rate from worrying about his testicles, she overcomes her embarrassment and pulls back the covers.

She raises his gown, holds his manhood in one hand and his testicles gently in the other.

She looks very closely and says, "There's nothing wrong with them, Sir. They look fine."

The man slowly pulls off his oxygen mask, smiles at her, and says very slowly,

"Thank you very much. That was wonderful. Now listen very,

very, closely:

"Are - my - test - results - back?"
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

Yep... The lowly are always used as Cannon fodder.... The civil servants where first to run to the hills.... Discounting the 4 emergency services... Who as they always do flounder on best they can under funded and under manned...

Strange how lots of trucks are not moving
... Except food and important delivery's...

Shows exactly how much is needed and what is consumerism....
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Until further notice the days of the week are now to be called;

this day
that day
other day
someday
yesterday
today
and finally next day :lol:

TTFN

Hugh.

Ps stay safe and stay distanced.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

byewayrider wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:22 am yes the point of lockdown to help prepare resources but as its a unkown you cant prepare just pick u the pieces as it happens...not everyone will catch it , some have it but dont show symptoms and some have mild symptons....treatable at home ...

its the sick and vulnerable that will need hospitisation and unfortunately they are the group that will have highest death rate...im a farmer so see death on a weekly basis with animals..maybe this makes me more blaza ?..

if you have a field with livestock you remove the ill ones not quarentine the whole lot its not foot and mouth that had a very high mortality rate covid 19 has only 10% or so it seems....

And the constant death rates and infection rates on tv drive me nuts as they accurate or helping...Germany is one of the only European countrys thats doing whole scale testing and South Korea...

Glad i dont live in the USA... :lol: all of it as their leaders have very little idea...well mainy one TRUMP..
I've just checked the date and it's not April the 1st :roll: .
Covid19 has a death rate of 10% with the Country under restricted movement of the people, if there were no restrictions then I think the death rate would be much much higher due to the NHS being overwhelmed along with ambulances, funeral director's and Police. With no services available to take away the large number of people who die in the community what are we to do with bodies ........ throw them out into the street? I'm sure if you contracted Covid 19 you would be pleased that restrictions are trying to 'flatten the curve' which means you may get a ventilator if required.

During the foot and mouth outbreak animals were quarantined and movement restrictions were put in place as is the case for TB so why, as a farmer, do you not acknowledge these are necessary steps?

I agree that many people will catch Covid19 and herd immunity will come but it still has to be managed and controlled, this will happen when they are prepared for the influx after they lift restrictions.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

The big problem with Covid-19 is the way it manifests itself. You can be infected and asymptomatic. The testing done in Iceland
has shown that 50%ish of people that felt they had no symptoms, were infected.
So you can be infected and not know it. Then the effects of Covid-19 can be anything from a little sniffle to death.
So go out and spin your wheel of fortune, but don't forget if you are infected, you are spinning everyone else's wheel of fortune,
that you meet. :o :o
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

qcnr wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:54 am The big problem with Covid-19 is the way it manifests itself. You can be infected and asymptomatic. The testing done in Iceland
has shown that 50%ish of people that felt they had no symptoms, were infected.
So you can be infected and not know it. Then the effects of Covid-19 can be anything from a little sniffle to death.
So go out and spin your wheel of fortune, but don't forget if you are infected, you are spinning everyone else's wheel of fortune,
that you meet. :o :o
It's a similar situation to CO2 and global warming. Sadly the virus and CO2 are both invisible, silent and odorless.

I once gave a conference presentation about climate change and UK municipal waste policy (it was absolutely fascinating as you can imagine!). I put the idea that if CO2 was bright purple, made trumpet noises whenever it was emitted, and stunk of bad farts, things would be very different. In all likelihood government policy to reduce it would have been far more drastic, begun much earlier and would have been pursued with far more vigour.

Same goes for Coronavirus. If only it was visible, audible and smelly - we would all know where it was, who was carrying it and where we could go safely or not.

But as it is, a silent and hidden disease, it's a crazy to gamble to go out and mix with others right now.
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

if its a crazy gambke to go out doors and mingle right now and as its a hidden virus showing no signs .....what do we all do ?

sit indoors and vegetate till the cows come home, at some time in the near future the human race will have to come out of its cave :lol: ...then wam kabam gotta ya!!!

Speaking from what i know is the truth not government spouted shit :o in uk especially ...lets get the 20-30 back to work as they need money and cant claim it ...yes real bright idea mr Minister....who does he think works in factorys and low paid or in managerial roles...the young need directions some times :D ...

In a few countries in Europe if you get a bug and feel sick its delt with by a swab taken the bug identified then treated by the correct atibiotic...hence why some countys have a true figure as lots of testing done...oh no the uk just dishes out wide scale drugs in the hope you get better...the figures quoted on bbc etc are just figures plucked from government propoganda ...the mad professor who I admire has the correct angle on things..."Porta down " in witshire is a hot bed of virus testing all year , the mad professor said " we cant shelter forever and it wont kill everyone"

so I`ll piss off down my farm and wait for normality to resume minus a few unfortunate folks...im a realist most farmers are.. ;)
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

You are correct, of course, it won't kill everyone, only a few million, if nothing was done to slow the spread.
Especially as currently there is no treatment or vaccine for it. The best way to eradicate a virus is to not give it the chance
to spread.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

The 2 farmers I know well say they can barely tell the difference except they can't go down the pub (well not officialy as in most country communities it depends if you know the same handshake the local copper knows), but neither of them exhibit wanton notgiveafuckabouttery regardin the seriousness of it to the old and infirm people stuck in cities and having to queue next to 50 other people to get a lof of bread and some beans.
Its a trick............get an Axe

Return to “THE PUB”