Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by garyboy »

it seems a few people are coming round to the idea that lockdown of places does not work .. lockdown of vulnerable people surely makes more sense.

peter hichins, on tv, said .. CASES of covid 19 are not cases, they are people who have tested positive for covid .. they may not even be ill .. he said the government were told their message was not getting people frightened enough, so upped the ante to record all deaths of people who dies WITH covid, not FROM covid.

If businesses and people followed the rules properly there woulod be no need for this ill conceived lockdown .. people in tesco are carrying on as the previous normal, little distancing, managers have put in No directions, one way, lax checkouts, poor hand wash facilities, none inside, poor control of numbers entering, none now, in fact, . no cleaning of trolleys by staff .... all very poor.

People have become covid weary .. blasé about it all ... I just wonder if this `new strain` is really that virulent? .. or is lockdown of places and non essentials, just simply not working?

most infections are coming from people the government want to get out to work or school, so they blame the young few revellers.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

The direct impact of Covid on me begins with me and my attitude and actions to avoid catching it, the direct impact on my 'contacts' also begins with me.
Lockdowns are imposed because humans are too lazy/relaxed/thick/arrogant to impose the guidelines upon themselves, the virus is passed on by humans and does not fall out of the sky like rain.
Science based guidelines work for those who adhere to them but people think guidelines are optional and will do whatever actions they can justify to themselves.
Shielding is back in place and works well if everybody keeps to the guidelines.
Unless I personally experience an 'event' I treat everything is a story. These stories are relayed many times and the further away from the source the more 'edited' the story gets, often to the point where the story is presented as fact. News story's are just that .... a story presented in a specific way and at a time to suit the storyteller.
I know many people, family and close friends, who are 'hands on' on the Covid frontline giving vaccines, ITU care, GP's and lead Pharmacists ...... these are the people who's stories I believe.
Covid has become over politicised which is great for the virus but not for us. Anxieties about the NHS being overwhelmed are far too late.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

propaganda is rife in this country and all over the world .. news is a great conveyor of propaganda
like mushrooms we are made to have great fear, and not given the true picture, often, as the agenda is narrowed and limited to just that, propagation of fear and of ignorance ... how much do we know of what is going on in the world, or our own area, apart from covid, which the government want us to concentrate on.?

i aappreciate that many good people are working hard for the benefit of people they have never even met .. but the stress nd strain is manufactured by governments with their cuts to funding, lack of investment in personnel, and poor pay incentives

this pandemic hasw been manufactured by governments all over the world who did not heed recent warnings and flu and bacterial black death warnings by not preparing

it is fantastic that med ical companies and people have risen to the challenge, but why has this area of threat been ignored for so long
simonw

Post by simonw »

garyboy wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:09 am propaganda is rife in this country and all over the world .. news is a great conveyor of propaganda <snip>
As are online forums (including Facebook) :-p
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

The groundwork for today's vaccine had been laid over recent years following the SARS and MERS viruses over the last decade or so in other areas of the World. I don't believe it has been ignored it's just not been a priority until it caused us a problem here in the UK. Research work is constantly going on behind the scenes.
We in the West should be more grateful for the desease prevention and proactive health service we take for granted, it's often in place before we as individuals start to suffer. Well person checks, bowel screening, breast screening, cancer screening, heart desease, strokes etc etc all help to give us a good quality of life ............ until dementia kicks in :roll: (a comment made from experience of relatives).
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Tonibe63 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:37 am The direct impact of Covid on me begins with me and my attitude and actions to avoid catching it, the direct impact on my 'contacts' also begins with me.
Lockdowns are imposed because humans are too lazy/relaxed/thick/arrogant to impose the guidelines upon themselves, the virus is passed on by humans and does not fall out of the sky like rain.
Science based guidelines work for those who adhere to them but people think guidelines are optional and will do whatever actions they can justify to themselves.
Shielding is back in place and works well if everybody keeps to the guidelines.
Unless I personally experience an 'event' I treat everything is a story. These stories are relayed many times and the further away from the source the more 'edited' the story gets, often to the point where the story is presented as fact. News story's are just that .... a story presented in a specific way and at a time to suit the storyteller.
I know many people, family and close friends, who are 'hands on' on the Covid frontline giving vaccines, ITU care, GP's and lead Pharmacists ...... these are the people who's stories I believe.
Covid has become over politicised which is great for the virus but not for us. Anxieties about the NHS being overwhelmed are far too late.
Fantastic post
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Tonibe63 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:21 am We in the West should be more grateful for the desease prevention and proactive health service we take for granted, it's often in place before we as individuals start to suffer. Well person checks, bowel screening, breast screening, cancer screening, heart desease, strokes etc etc all help to give us a good quality of life ............ until dementia kicks in :roll: (a comment made from experience of relatives).
good to be so positive ... but .. all that disease prevention and screening is by the by now, to tghe king of all diseases, covid .... bad policy ..

proactive health service ... yep .. if a consultant or junior doctor deemd you to be too old or sick, here in wales anyway .. you are culled ... potasium chloride, drowning, overdose of pain killer, special injections ... (past experience, what they done)
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

The World Health Organization just confirmed that dogs cannot contract COVID-19.

Dogs previously held in quarantine can now be released.

So for clarification, WHO let the dogs out.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Jonathon Pie hits the nail on the head, inevitably, yet again, definitely NSFW:

In print and safe for work:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... e-opposite
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

A few sage words from my heroine,
maisie.jpeg