Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Oop North John »

Asgard wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:45 am
Final one had a snigger :lol:
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... -in-a-week

Looks like it's going wrong here in France. R is at 1.42 now. Not good. Huge amount of testing going on, but cases are up beyond the increased test numbers. There's a drive-in testing center fairly nearby, so we might go for a swab. I'd love to know if it was Covid that Tracie and me had back in March/April, when we both felt like shit during the lockdown, although it's largely academic and may not mean we have any immunity.

Macron seems determined not to lockdown again, but it looks distinctly possible, and the new cases are just a logical consequences of lifting the Spring lockdown lid.

Problem is the whole of France takes its main annual holiday exactly now, so lots of people are moving around the country. And it's also hot (39C here today, 42 in Bordeaux), so the beaches, lakes and campsites are busy.

As far as I've seen, most people are still observing masks and distancing, but there are some exceptions, which is all it takes to keep it circulating. Everyone has given up 'les bises' though. Haven't seen a proper French double or triple kiss for months now.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Anyone got a cave to rent?, preferably on some other fucking planet
Its a trick............get an Axe
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Having just had a fantastic 4 days in North Wales (camp/van, own food/drinks, barbeque etc) my thoughts are that there are 3 distinct groups of people regarding masks and social distancing:-those that are willingly following the guidance, those who are reluctant but are trying and finally those who don't care a fxck about anybody but themselves. Of course as soon as alcohol is added to those who are reluctant they become more like those who couldn't care less.
Unfortunately Society is splitting in to the 2 polar opposite groups and without any strong leadership and subsequent enforcement it will be down to the individual to look after themselves and of course show an example to their children (whatever age they are).
The future isn't bright ...... the future is Covid
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

F**k me.
Spent a little time looking closely at the stats on this site on different countries.
Any way you care to look at it, the UK and the USA are big-time F**k ups (along with a few others)
Had to stop myself after a short while, to save thinking about the Russian Roulette it is.
Sobering.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=kY0l ... D4Q4dUDCAw
Greyhound Racing .... don't bet, don't go - you bet, they die :cry:
WesleyDRZ400

Post by WesleyDRZ400 »

Looking at current economic situation it seems like covid was never here in some sectors.

All building trades I know are flat out 7 days a week if they want it. House prices highest and rocketing and going above asking prices in some cases. Rents going to record highs also.

Low intrest rates probably playing its part on this but will probably be low for a few years to come

Maybe after October when furlough ends might change and brexit next year.

Could be the boom peak before the collapse like in 2007
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Mosel Bikes wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:44 pm F**k me.
Spent a little time looking closely at the stats on this site on different countries.
Any way you care to look at it, the UK and the USA are big-time F**k ups (along with a few others)
Had to stop myself after a short while, to save thinking about the Russian Roulette it is.
Sobering.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=kY0l ... D4Q4dUDCAw
Yeah, it's truly shocking. The UK population is just 0.87% of the world's population, but has suffered 6.8% of world covid deaths. It has either the second or third highest overall mortality rate, depending on where Brazil has got to right now. And the UK has the highest excess death rate (due to covid) in Europe.

And when you criticise the government for this shambolic blood-bath, tories call you 'negative' and 'depressing'. Perhaps we should be attending all the avoidable funerals and telling the relatives to cheer up and be positive.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

DOUBLE POST
Last edited by Asgard on Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

The UK population is just 0.87% of the world's population
Just?...I was surprised hat we could be that high a proportion of the world population, I actually checked because I thought the decimal place was in the wrong...place, but its true!!!

I'm astounded that something like 1 in every 110 people in the world is British,

Reading on.......... Russia has only slightly more than twice the population of the UK for a landmass about 70 times the area of the UK

No wonder we are over crowded

Return to “THE PUB”