Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
johnnyboxer

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by johnnyboxer »

daveuprite wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:25 am MHRA licences the Pfizer Biontech has been approved for use in uk

10 million doses available

Let’s crack on and get back to touring again
Then add in the anti-vax moron movement and you are fighting an uphill battle to get humanity to help itself.

The figure just passed the number of UK civilians killed in world war two.
That’s a scary mob for sure

Interesting statement about ww2
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Brenhden wrote:Very true Asgard,

I'm truely shocked at the percentage of people I know who say they won't take the vaccine.

Speaking in independence, I see Nicola Sturgeon has pulled an absolute blinder this week. Offering £500 to Scottish health workers and challenging Boris not to tax it. He can't win that either way. Either he turns her down and everyone in scottland will hate him or he lets it happen and alienates all the English, Welsh and NI people, and looks weak into the bargain. She's running rings round him.
Brilliant
She’s sharp
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
flamair

Post by flamair »

Brenhden wrote:
daveuprite wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:30 pm
flamair wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:02 pm
My view is that those who want it, have it. Those that don't, do not.
If it worked like that it would be a far simpler moral issue, but it doesn't work like that. Successful herd immunity via vaccination (the only type of herd immunity that works without mass deaths) requires a high level of vaccine take up. Perhaps 80%. So a vaccine refuser does not just endanger himself but the wider population too. It is far more than just a personal decision to refuse the jab. It is a decision to take others down with you, either by way of extending the overall period in which the virus is circulating or by increasing its prevalence in a given period.

This article may help:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanc ... 7/fulltext

Think back to that terribly sad case of the deeply depressed pilot who decided to take his own life. Germanwings I think it was. He had every right to commit suicide of course, but the moment he did it by flying his packed plane into a mountain he made that decision for 149 other people whose right to stay alive he removed. Anti-vaxxers are not making a purely personal individual choice.
Indeed, my best mate is immunocompromised, may not be able to have a vaccine, he is basically trapped at home until this is dealt with, as is his family in case they pass it on.

Maybe once I've had a vaccine I can visit him :(
Here immunity won't happen for decades. You can forget that. We don't even know if we will ever develop it - indications are we may not from the articles I've read.

I'm afraid it's an 'every man for himself' situation.

98% of the population have nothing to fear from Covid. The weakest will have to have a vaccination- the restvtake their chances.

That's life on earth I'm afraid. Death comes to us all.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Remember, you're unique!

(Just like everyone else)
flamair

Post by flamair »

johnnyboxer wrote:

I'm truely shocked at the percentage of people I know who say they won't take the vaccine.

Speaking in independence, I see Nicola Sturgeon has pulled an absolute blinder this week. Offering £500 to Scottish health workers and challenging Boris not to tax it. He can't win that either way. Either he turns her down and everyone in scottland will hate him or he lets it happen and alienates all the English, Welsh and NI people, and looks weak into the bargain. She's running rings round him.
Brilliant
She’s sharp
Not hiw i would describe her.. She's just scoring political points out of an awful situation. The woman wants her cake and to eat it.

Sooner she's removed from power the better for all.

Remember, you're unique!

(Just like everyone else)
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Logically, aside from the nhs and frontline workers, it should be us regular pub goers who get vaccinated first. We are the ones who are desperately waiting to get out there and spend our money to get the economy going again. Cheers :lol:
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

Brenhden wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:30 pm Very true Asgard,

Not without controversy though, as its not means tested, even consultants on min £80k... get it, yet teachers, etc. get nowt.

If it could have been targeted it could have been more or spread further to lower paid.

As for everyone in Scotland hating Boris, they already do, this won't make any difference.
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

flamair wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:24 pm
johnnyboxer wrote:

Brilliant
She’s sharp
Not hiw i would describe her.. She's just scoring political points out of an awful situation. The woman wants her cake and to eat it.

Sooner she's removed from power the better for all.

She's a politician and shows the traits of the breed. In that respect "Bojo the Clown" and "Nici the Fish" are very much the same. Putting their records side by side, Bojo loses every time.

Wee Nici has issues in her closet at home to contend with but has always been accessible and honest through this, which is more than Bojo can maintain for a week.

Yes, I would remove her too, however I would wait a while first.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

dave h

Post by dave h »

Brenhden wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:50 pm
daveuprite wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:30 pm
flamair wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:02 pm
My view is that those who want it, have it. Those that don't, do not.
If it worked like that it would be a far simpler moral issue, but it doesn't work like that. Successful herd immunity via vaccination (the only type of herd immunity that works without mass deaths) requires a high level of vaccine take up. Perhaps 80%. So a vaccine refuser does not just endanger himself but the wider population too. It is far more than just a personal decision to refuse the jab. It is a decision to take others down with you, either by way of extending the overall period in which the virus is circulating or by increasing its prevalence in a given period.

This article may help:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanc ... 7/fulltext

Think back to that terribly sad case of the deeply depressed pilot who decided to take his own life. Germanwings I think it was. He had every right to commit suicide of course, but the moment he did it by flying his packed plane into a mountain he made that decision for 149 other people whose right to stay alive he removed. Anti-vaxxers are not making a purely personal individual choice.
Indeed, my best mate is immunocompromised, may not be able to have a vaccine, he is basically trapped at home until this is dealt with, as is his family in case they pass it on.

Maybe once I've had a vaccine I can visit him :(
maybe a bit of hope for you and your mate

We also have an agreement with AstraZeneca to supply a neutralising antibody cocktail as a prophylactic treatment once clinical trials are completed and it is approved by regulators. This treatment will be provided in the short term for people who cannot receive a vaccine, such as people who are heavily immunosuppressed and cannot mount an immune response, or people who need immediate protection, such as health-care workers.

dave.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

dave h wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:09 am
maybe a bit of hope for you and your mate

We also have an agreement with AstraZeneca to supply a neutralising antibody cocktail as a prophylactic treatment once clinical trials are completed and it is approved by regulators. This treatment will be provided in the short term for people who cannot receive a vaccine, such as people who are heavily immunosuppressed and cannot mount an immune response, or people who need immediate protection, such as health-care workers.

dave.
Thank you Dave :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

Return to “THE PUB”