Post by DavidS »

Oh god.....not the full sketch coming up? :o
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
bowber

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by bowber »

daveuprite wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:13 pm
bowber wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:41 pm 22 years ago when I was working in Kendal the first bus of the day didn't get into Kendal until nearly 10am, the last to leave left before 5pm
You had two buses? You lucky bastard. When I were 'tiddler we used to crawl to school on us knees. We used to dream of buses...
:lol:

Alison actually has 10.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

FB_IMG_1592592849290.jpg
FB_IMG_1592592849290.jpg (45.79 KiB) Viewed 1839 times
This is what my delightful local MP has posted on her Facebook page. It is no wonder people hate the Tories.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

An alternative version, somewhat more reflective of the thruth:

Despite strong advice and warnings from experts, the UK government failed to track and trace the virus in March, when it could have learnt the clear lessons from successful countries elsewhere.

Having failed to contain it (it didn't even try), the government locked down the country at least 14 days too late, killing possibly 10-15 thousand people unnecessarily.

The prime minister himself flouted all hygiene advice by shaking hands with patients, thus falling ill with the disease himself. He then chose to prefer defense of his hypocrite chief advisor over the safety of the nation's vulnerable population.

The government lied about the number of deaths throughout the crisis. It announced 881 deaths across the UK on 8 April but the true figure was 64% higher!

Having failed to contain the virus, and with the highest mortality rate in Europe, the UK government relaxed its lockdown at least 3 weeks too early, potentially infecting hundreds or thousands more and risking a second wave of epidemic.
johnnyboxer

Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by johnnyboxer »

daveuprite wrote:
Jak* wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:08 am This website may be of use to those hoping to travel to and across the EU in the summer.
https://reopen.europa.eu/en/map/PRT
It is supposed to be updated regularly and is aiming to make things easier for travellers and boost tourism.
Apparently the UK was offered the chance to be included, but declined because we are on longer part of the EU. Cutting off nose to spite face comes to mind.
Cheers
Yeah, isn't it just the height of childish petulant stupidity? It joins a growing list of very sensible pieces of co-operation between European states designed to share costs and make life easier for all european residents during covid, which the tory brexit government refuses to take part in simply because the initiative originated from the EU. The last one was the UK refusal to share in a european ventilator procurement contract. Pathetic. It reminds me of Trump ripping up anything that Obama initiated, just because he won't be seen on the same page as his predecessor at any cost - even human lives. This insane immature ideological nonsense is ruining the UK in the same way as Trump is dragging his people into a gutter of his own making.

And as the ultimate cost of 'taking back control', the UK is now locked out of the EU's recently agreed Covid bail-out package for member states, with those most affected receiving most cash. Italy and Spain get about 80 billion euros to help with recovery. France will get about 60 billion euros. If it had remained an EU member the UK would be getting the most, by virtue of having cocked up its virus response worse than the rest - probably about €90 billion !! That's an awful lot of mythical £360 million per week side-of-bus promises foresaken. It's when a large turd hits the fan that you realise how much better off you are being one part of a much bigger more powerful fan.
All sadly very true

What a crock of shite the UK has become

Inept, incompetent and ineffective spring to mind

Just watching Boris on the BBC news last night, at a primary school playground...made me want to smash the tv up

Grrrr
Last edited by johnnyboxer on Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

daveuprite wrote:
DavidS wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:29 pm
By the way, I am no Boris apologist,
Ah but that's exactly what you are, proven regularly on this forum. I don't really give a toss about Boris Johnson the individual. To me he's just another incompetent leader. I like leaders who take away the means to criticise them by being high quality decision makers and statesmen on the world stage. And you should demand that too because you pay for these people and surely you expect the best from them? They weren't forced into the role against their will - they fought for it - and in the case of Johnson he believed he was entitled to it from an early age. It is for those who voted for these incompetents to justify their decision. Go ahead ! Tell us about the wonderful success Johnson has made of governing the UK in the last 7 months. We're all ears...

Or perhaps admit that events have proved you made a mistake? There's no shame in that - quite the opposite.
100%

With money we don't have

johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Asgard wrote:The bashing is deserved and should continue as long as the government continues to be worthy of it.

They remain a disgusting bunch of entitled fukwitts
Well said
Incompetent the lot of them

With money we don't have

johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

DavidS wrote:I have, to my knowledge, never specifically supported Boris as a person or PM.
I just get fed up with the stuck record bashing. If you want to vent your spleen, have a go at the various protesters who don’t seem to give a s**t...and they are supposed to be our future, god help us.

I look forward to seeing Jak’s name on the candidate list at the next election as it is clear intelligent hindsight is a huge asset.
Sadly, I don’t think you can be an expat MP Dave.

However, as onslowe says, Corbyn and Abbot were the alternative. :shock: They would still be trying to keep the unions happy before they did anything.
How do you think they would have fared?
There you David

At least Jeremy had a ounce of common sense so was in touch with how millions of ordinary people live day to day

With money we don't have

daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

The complacency still at large is extraordinary. You wouldn't believe it from the behaviour of Europeans and people in the U.S., but this pandemic is actually still accelerating.

The populations of western countries that locked down and are now well past the (first?) peak, seem to believe that the virus is in retreat. It's not. Brazil just passed 50,000 deaths, many middle-eastern, African and South Asian countries still have fast growing infection numbers.

More than 150,000 global cases were reported yesterday, the highest single-day number so far. This is a long way from over. And no sign of a vaccine yet.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I popped out for an hour on the Triumph this afternoon and there were groups of people all over the place. Far too many for a household. Dog walkers and cyclists also meeting in groups.

Trumpy is holding a rally for 20,000 supporters and their supreme court have said it’s ok! Mental.
Apparently an illegal rave in Portugal for 100 people has thrown up 90 confirmed cases!

We are out for a 6 man trail ride on Wednesday. I only know one or maybe two of them so I’ll be keeping well separated. Not that knowing them would help anyway.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “THE PUB”