Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
daveuprite

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by daveuprite »

Haven't heard much from Garyboy lately. Does anyone know if he's OK?

I mean he's probably fine. Maybe he's busy burning down mobile phone masts or something. But it would be good to know he's alright.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

daveuprite wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:30 am
How are you both feeling today?
Thanks for asking, Johnny. Getting up v early because I can't sleep anyway. Coughing like a bastard. Back of throat feels like 40 grit sandpaper coated with ground glass, wrapped around a cactus smothered in barbed wire. One tip for anyone who gets it: Baileys is excellent for the sore/dry throat. The correct dose is 3 doubles, one after the other... (just call me Mr Pharmacist). Aches are getting better. Temperature a bit lower. Tracie much the same. Hardest part is finding the energy to look after the horses each day - but no choice there. It'll be OK, gallows humour is the order of the day here!

Good to hear, I had a similar sore throat and elevated temp in mid March, but no cough and the missus had the cough as well

Who knows if we had it though ?

Keep on getting better, are they testing you in France?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

johnnyboxer wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:18 am
Keep on getting better, are they testing you in France?
Well we haven't really 'declared' ourselves. We just phoned the number and listened to a recorded message with advice etc. So we haven't asked for a test. I wouldn't want to right now anyway. Best to ration the testing kits to the frontline workers until there are far more available.

It would be useful / interesting eventually to take the antibody test, to find out if we have definitely had Covid and if we might be immune (don't think that's completely proven yet though). We're on Day 18 of the official government lockdown, although we had already effectively self-isolated before that really, with the exception of one very short shopping trip 16 days ago. Since we started feeling bad, we effectively 're-set' anyway - so there's no way we will re-emerge until at least the 15th April - again just for essential top-ups. No complaints from us. We're bloody lucky. Big garden and land, the sun's out and it's beautiful here. Totally different to the poor buggers locked inside high-rise flats with windows that only open a few inches.

From the news it looks like France is testing like crazy, but not as much as Germany and South Korea at the moment. It might help if Trump was not outbidding at docks and airports in China to hi-jack stocks of PPE and testing kits that were en-route to other countries. What a deeply horrible 'man'.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

daveuprite wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:43 am Haven't heard much from Garyboy lately. Does anyone know if he's OK?

I mean he's probably fine. Maybe he's busy burning down mobile phone masts or something. But it would be good to know he's alright.
Thankyou Dave .. hope you and Tracie get well soon … and the same to all affected in some way by this terrible thing.
Thankyou also to Asgard, who enquired .. good to hear all with you are ok.

and YEP .. been busy placing all my old bike tyres ready at the bases of mobile masts .. seeing as it is them wot is putting out that 5G infrared microwave cooker stuff, and mutating an innocent flu bot into an alien biological weapon to steal our planet's air :? .. they want it clean before they expose themselves, dirty buzzerds.

Best Wishes to everyone, pissed off and depressed like moi .. and remember that Spring is still proceeding as it is meant, and the Sun is still circling the Earth, and the Winds of Change are still blowing off.

insert pic of Flaawers HERE .. gift.

Image20200403_141811 (2) by gary boy, on Flickr

Welsh Spring
Last edited by garyboy on Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
bowber

Post by bowber »

daveuprite wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:56 pm
WillS wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:20 am
daveuprite wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:00 am
WillS wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:17 am
Looking forward to seeing you in Sort September, should be a great week.
Take care...
Will
Good to hear from you Wills. Yeah, you keep safe and locked down, old bean.

Do you think we'll make Sort this year? I haven't given up on it, by any means, but I wonder if we'll all be able to travel by then?
If we cannot cross the border, then we can make a plan for the French TET in the Pyrenees.
I'm sure we will be able to travel in France.
But let's hope we can cross over into Spain for the annual Sort bash. That was a great week.

20190926_154948.jpg
Who's that dick on the left? Actually the geezer on the right looks a bit dodgy too...
The pair of us look very dodgy.

Steve
bowber

Post by bowber »

In the UK with no testing we're all wondering if it's just the usual spring cold twinge or the virus, had a few days last week of slight sore through and feeling very tired in the morning after a solid nights sleep, Alison was even more tired and going to bed early each night, but it could have just been a cold, feel fine now and like you Dave we are fairly isolated anyway but we have family around us including Alisons parents, both in their early 70s.
My dads going a bit stir crasy and I have some engine parts for him that he needs to carry on with a motor build but I can't get them to him just yet, I don't think Mr plod would take delivering a piston to my 72 year old dad as essential travel.

Steve
PDiddy

Post by PDiddy »

bowber wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:32 am My dads going a bit stir crasy and I have some engine parts for him that he needs to carry on with a motor build but I can't get them to him just yet, I don't think Mr plod would take delivering a piston to my 72 year old dad as essential travel.

Steve
Delivering essential supplies to the elderly / vulnerable ;)
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what- ... control_en

According to this, France intends to keeps its internal borders closed until the 30th October 2020.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
wideparting

Post by wideparting »

AlanHolt wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:34 pm https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what- ... control_en

According to this, France intends to keeps its internal borders closed until the 30th October 2020.
ferrys to holland and belgium are going to be busy then,when the lockdown is finished.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

wideparting wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:01 pm
AlanHolt wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:34 pm https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what- ... control_en

ferrys to holland and belgium are going to be busy then,when the lockdown is finished.
Huge assumption
Its a trick............get an Axe

Return to “THE PUB”