Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tonibe63

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Tonibe63 »

garyboy wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:18 pm Dont you think this is all exaggerated?
after all its just the flu .. and some of us old fekkers are gonna die soon anyway :lol:
Whilst I agree with your thoughts I also think it is wise to avoid the risk of infection, particularly if you are in an 'at risk' group like my Sister who is a cancer survivor but catches every chest infection gong due to a low immune system.
A mate of mine is currently in Singapore so I will avoid meeting him until it is better understood.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Forthcoming trip to Venice.....could be questionable :(
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

my trip to the Dolimites has been booked :mrgreen:

plenty of routes to get across the border, and Austria has been stopping trains from Italy on the border for several years already

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
richeyroo

Post by richeyroo »

Given the average demographic of adventure bike riders these days, there don't seem to be many summers left in us anyway. It makes sense to avoid well publicised hotspots but I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to trundle through sunny Europe this summer on a motorbike.
If you don't go when you can go, when you try to go you might already be gone
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Europe seems to have the resources to deal with the epidemic outbreaks, so far at least, I can't really see there being to much of an issue for those wishing to a few weeks/months touring Europe, sure you might not be able to go to all the places you want and you may need to take long diversions to avoid blackspots.
The real issues will those that wish travel the globe, Turkey has apparently closed its borders with Iran, other countries are likely to follow suit and as the epidemic becomes pandemic then more countries will be closing their borders with their neighbours.

Beside you all should of been preparing for the zombie apocalypse so a simple outbreak of Corona virus should be child's play🤪🤪😜😜
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

pop.jpg
pop.jpg (36.17 KiB) Viewed 2672 times
was inoculated in the 60's

and remember the next time you pop bubble wrap where the air came from :o :shock: :?

cheers Spud ;)

garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Tonibe63 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:39 am
garyboy wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:18 pm Dont you think this is all exaggerated?
after all its just the flu .. and some of us old fekkers are gonna die soon anyway :lol:
Whilst I agree with your thoughts I also think it is wise to avoid the risk of infection, particularly if you are in an 'at risk' group like my Sister who is a cancer survivor but catches every chest infection gong due to a low immune system.
A mate of mine is currently in Singapore so I will avoid meeting him until it is better understood.
The low immune system is caused by the cancer treatment .. chemotherapy.. my sister recently died from it .. she didn't die from direct infections but from the cancer and the ineffective treatments and from the detrimental effects of the chemotherapy , one of which was the lowering of immune system.. but the consultants made a bomb on it all ..

I was speaking to a lady warden from Malaysia a day ago .. it didn't stop me from enjoying her close proximity company for over an hour.. there is far too much hysteria about this covid virus .. if it was bubonic plague, yes, I would be terrified.. but it is a low fatality risk type of flue.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

garyboy wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:09 am
The low immune system is caused by the cancer treatment .. chemotherapy.. my sister recently died from it .. she didn't die from direct infections but from the cancer and the ineffective treatments and from the detrimental effects of the chemotherapy , one of which was the lowering of immune system.. but the consultants made a bomb on it all ..

I was speaking to a lady warden from Malaysia a day ago .. it didn't stop me from enjoying her close proximity company for over an hour.. there is far too much hysteria about this covid virus .. if it was bubonic plague, yes, I would be terrified.. but it is a low fatality risk type of flu.
BUT, nobody knows................China have under reported perhaps to avoid a mass panic, deaths outside China are being reported at 5%, not 2%

A mathematician has stated at current spread, it will double every 2-3 days and is highly contagious, maybe kill 14 million worldwide

This isn't just 'flu

Look how global trade is being affected JLR Cars are on short time, plumbers running low on fittings
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

johnnyboxer wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:38 am
garyboy wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:09 am

I was speaking to a lady warden from Malaysia a day ago .. it didn't stop me from enjoying her close proximity company for over an hour.. there is far too much hysteria about this covid virus .. if it was bubonic plague, yes, I would be terrified.. but it is a low fatality risk type of flu.
BUT, nobody knows................China have under reported perhaps to avoid a mass panic, deaths outside China are being reported at 5%, not 2%

A mathematician has stated at current spread, it will double every 2-3 days and is highly contagious, maybe kill 14 million worldwide

This isn't just 'flu

Look how global trade is being affected JLR Cars are on short time, plumbers running low on fittings
the flu killed millions in the past.........

how many people die on the roads world wide every year no one gives a shite.

cheers Spud ;)

daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Redmurty wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:27 am pop.jpg

was inoculated in the 60's

and remember the next time you pop bubble wrap where the air came from :o :shock: :?

cheers Spud ;)

I used to collect those bottles and get a penny back on each one. On my way to a 12 hour shift cleaning chimneys and working down the mine, that is...

Return to “THE PUB”