Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Re: Happy Christmas Mudpluggers

Post by garyboy »

I'm sure you'll have a great day out .. wet or dry 8-) :D
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

if not too uncomfortable, waterproof trousers or over-trousers worn on the outside of the boots, tied at the boot area on the outside …. or the very bottoms of the trousers tucked into the top of the boot, possibly with an overlap fold just at the top inch or two of the boot, which can also be tied at the outside if needed. some people use an old innertube segment shaped like a wide elastic band .. wild wet wales experiences :lol:
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

I've just smeared my whole body in lard so should be ok :lol: ...........bringing Blackie tomoz :o
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

PHILinFRANCE wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:47 pm I've just smeared my whole body in lard so should be ok
Just another normal day then, Phil....
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Lard.....that were luxury, we had to do with dripping :lol: :lol: :lol: looking forward to tomoz, weather looking ok, be a great laugh ;)
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

No wonder you guys are invited to barbecues a lot 8-)
Have a great day out :D
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Well I can officially confirm that the Sealskinz work ! They were tested to the limit today. Pressure wash-style bow waves of deep puddle water blasted up on to the boots. Countless submersions in slop and standing water, plus 2 or 3 total dunkings into streams. When I got back EVERYTHING was soaked through apart from my feet. Amazing.

'They're so good I bought the company', etc etc.... (nobody under about 45 would understand that I guess)
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Left Blackie on the pickup all night, jet washed it a d my gear this morning, turned the fuel on ,pulled the choke and it fired up 1st spin ....gotta love these old RFS engines Image

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Seasons greetings everyone.

Interesting comment on the Sealskins garyboy. As my poor old W2 boots were ailing, I wore my Sealskins for the first time in about 5 years yesterday in 5c Sussex. My bodge repair with Sikaflex squidged into the trashed instep seemed to hold up and I had Nikwax’d the boots but when I got home my felt wet but weren’t. Now you mention possibly feeling cold wearing them, that could well be what it was.

I have been wearing cheapo Sports Direct long football socks for those 5 years and not felt cold so you could have given me the answer. I’ll try some thin socks inside on Monday’s ride.

If the Sikaflex works, it will save me boot hunting as the one’s I have tried so far have been horrendously uncomfortable for my weird shaped feet or cosy but with no sole grip for muddy pushing. I’d rather not drag up to the Excel bike show in February as it’s usually a big let down but I might still have to....bang goes a big lump of money on the train fare if I do.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “THE PUB”