Bennets ok

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Bennets ok

Post by garyboy » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:41 pm

I was pleasantly surprised when I got my renewal quote for my NC750 .. just £5 up on last years .. Perhaps insurances are finally realising that a sensible renewal quote will help them RETAIN the clients, rather than ripping them off, giving the companies more dosh from continued membership of valued patrons????

it was £81 .. up from £75 TPFT which was good to start, anyway.

fully comp is now £230 but with an extra £25 for pillion insurance.
but this includes overseas riding, UK and EU breakdown cover with repatriation and onward travel, personal accident cover inc pillion cover, ncd protection, legal fees £100,000 in no-fault case, and only £250 excess.

is this a really good package or wot ????

I know some have had problems tho ????

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
Elmer J Fudd

Re: Bennets ok

Post by Elmer J Fudd » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:55 pm

Maybe, who knows, so many different factors and configurations on an individual basis to be able to tell. The Fully Comp figure (for me) would be high. On the basis of only a fiver more than last year, then yes, that would be OK.

I have just spent about an hour on the phone with CN trying to swap my insurance from the Tiger 800 to a 1250RS. Three different people to speak to and three different supervisors involved to make decisions.

Six months of the policy to run, and they still wanted money off me to just cancel (the quote to change the bikes on the same policy was twice the quote for a new policy with CN, which was in itself over £50.00 more expensive than the cheapest)....I got them to waive this if I took out another policy with them, but if the paperwork, when it drops through the door, does not state that I must.... then I may just go elsewhere.

The Bennets quote was very expensive for me.

A minefield and a blindfold.....

garyboy

Re: Bennets ok

Post by garyboy » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:14 pm

Unusually .. I found it a lot easier this year :o

I got the last years docs up , when I found them, on the pc :roll: .. then just plugged in the details and the quotes came up straight away :D

i used `Confused Dot Com` and had some really good prices. i thought.
Just out of curiosity i then tried `Go Compare` ... and Exactly the same quotes came up. Normally i would think this a nuisance/fix, but this time i found it reassuring.

I have learned to then PHONE the company, as last time I got ripped off by `adjustments` to the on-line quote, when later on the phone.

Yes …. cancelling is pain … I try not to do it, as it involves a cost and messes up the whole process. Most companies are very obliging, when adding a new bike, and you can always `not renew` next time .. but cancelling the old cover basically means taking out a new policy from scratch but with the added complication of sorting the old policy, which you now down as having cancelled.
They dont like a policy cancelled, basically, as the finances are worked out on a yearly figure.

Return to “THE PUB”