UK - Where is the friendliest place and the least friendly place you have stopped... everrrrrr

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Stevied

Re: UK - Where is the friendliest place and the least friendly place you have stopped... everrrrrr

Post by Stevied »

nethen1 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:40 am After the last weekends stuck in Leek and watching numerous fights and dealing with moody locals...
It was like being in the 80's, random locals staring us out, trying to get a ride out of us.

My friend is a removals man and ended up hospitalized for playing pool in the wrong pub....

So my question is...

Which is the friendliest and least friendly place you have ever stopped in.....

:D The most friendly place I have stopped id say was
Bishops Castle

:shock: The LEAST friendly place I have stopped id say was
Leek

26197834_10155835085183400_2880423367952265714_o.jpg

You must have got it on an off night.
Normally good as gold.
Mind I did say don't go in the night clubs!!
boboneleg

Re: UK - Where is the friendliest place and the least friendly place you have stopped... everrrrrr

Post by boboneleg »

Bishops Castle, great laff. The Underground, like nothing I have ever witnessed before and I've been to some dodgy clubs in my youth :lol:
one-legged adventurer
Stevied

Post by Stevied »

boboneleg wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:59 pm Bishops Castle, great laff. The Underground, like nothing I have ever witnessed before and I've been to some dodgy clubs in my youth :lol:
Think we need another Bishops Castle meet.
nethen1

Post by nethen1 »

Stevied wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:32 pm
boboneleg wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:59 pm Bishops Castle, great laff. The Underground, like nothing I have ever witnessed before and I've been to some dodgy clubs in my youth :lol:
Think we need another Bishops Castle meet.
Micheal Mass Next year !!! September... :)
Are we stoppin for a brew !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHnqi2JsFoNCV6ktRGEOVXQ/playlists

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppp :)
nethen1

Post by nethen1 »

Stevied wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:20 pm
You must have got it on an off night.
Normally good as gold.
Mind I did say don't go in the night clubs!!

We only went for one beer in a plastic glass... no taxis for over 1.5 hours.

I especially loved the posh scarf-wearing gentleman who stared at us the entire night
occasionally walking over to ask why we were there, what we were doing and generally being weird !

oh and the Taxi drivers who all thought they where Shumacher, the early years !1

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are we stoppin for a brew !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHnqi2JsFoNCV6ktRGEOVXQ/playlists

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppp :)
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Most Friendly......
Northern Romania. Two of us landed up at a hotel in the middle of no where, knackered after a long day in the saddle.
The owner was listening to the receptionist explaining that due to the wedding they were hoisting no rooms were available.
He stepped up and gave us his special suite, plus a tour of his sausage and cooked meat factory which was located at the rear of the hotel!
He'd just returned from England after a successful business trip and had secured a lucrative contract with a U.K. Supermarket chain......he had a new Bentley as well.
We had an evening meal with him, stayed in a very swish suite and a full breakfast in the morning, after which we went to settle up......no charge, complements of the owner.
Least Friendly.....
Evans Halshaw Transit Van Centre, Trafford Park, Manchester, Service Reception.

Return to “THE PUB”