Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Meniere's disease?

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

"so its the up and down thjng that buggers me up...sex is out then "

Other positions/techniques are available. Have fun trying them out :D
Ade8

Post by Ade8 »

Tramp sorry to hear of your health issues.
I've suffered with very intense migraines for 25 of the last 30 years, ever since the age of 14.
My symptoms include nausea, visual disturbances and intense pounding headaches, which have sometimes lasted 2 or more days.
None of the different pills or dietary changes I tried over the years seemed to either prevent them, or much reduce the severity of them any quicker than taking nothing, once they'd started that was me out of action until they'd run their course.

However in 2012 I was told by a pharmacist in France to try using essential oil of peppermint.
I have sworn by it ever since.
A migraine which may have sent me home from work before discovering the oil, can sometimes now be gone sufficiently in less than 30 mins to allow me to get back to work again. If I catch it early enough it's even reversed the onset of visual disturbances completely in less than 10 mins. I still developed a headache and slight nausea but I could see enough to continue working. I'm a carpenter/joiner.

I now use it just as soon as the first symptoms of a migraine start and the method of use is as follows:
1/ Put a couple or three drops on one index finger and then rub both your index fingers together to get an equal amount of oil on both.
2/Immediately apply index fingers to both temples and gently massage for 10 seconds.
Then repeat on the back of your neck. WARNING:Take great care not to get any of the oil directly in your eyes.
You will feel a slight burning sensation on your skin, and the oil fumes will waft into your eyes, both are normal and won't last long.
3/ Wash excess oil off your hands immediately after use to prevent absent- mindedly rubbing oil into your eyes after use. Yes I speak from experience.
4/ For nausea put 2 drops of the oil in a glass of water and drink it.

This has reduced both the duration and severity of my migraines massively mate, and if I feel like I might get one later in the day I also now use it as an early preventative too.

You can buy it off the shelf or online for less than a tenner a bottle, (buy the organic stuff) and it comes in a small dropper bottle which usually lasts me bloody ages. I keep a bottle on me when travelling, one in the van for work and a couple of spares at home.

Hope this works for you as well as it does for me dude, if it does please spread the good word.
Hope you get well soon.
Ade

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Okay update time...its been nearly a week ive been back at work 2 days and so far nowhere as bad ..the sickness has gone and if i get dizzy the head exercises for balancing inner ear help lots ...ive got vertigo and anti nausea tablets should i need them...

Can even take dogs out in dark now without falling over or walking like a drunkard :lol: ...its a mystery what caused it but ive been told by docs to monitor my blood blood pressure if i feel faint and good old ginger biscuits help when feeling nauseous...

So onwards and time will tell.....thanks for support of kind words etc guys...most of us are the wrong side of 50 now :o
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I had a short period of dizziness a few years back.. could not get off the bed without falling, and had to lay still.
I rested up for a long time, as I am retired, and gradually it disappeared.
I really thought my biking days were over.

my blood pressure was normal, perhaps a bit on the low side.
I thought that it may be something to do with that, and started to get a bit more active, which seemed to help.

recently I got a lot more active, working in a garden and lost half a stone.
I felt a lot better, incredibly better actually, and I found I could ride the bike better too.
now, lazing about because of the bad weather, I have put all the weight back on :roll:
and am starting to feel dizzy again at times.
so work that out .. its not difficult.

i have found that a difference of ten pounds on your weight makes a big difference .. from `obese` to `ok` , together with fresh air, movement and exercise.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

ps
as you are a hgv driver, it is possible that the movement of the road in the eye line is affecting your vision and balance/dizziness.
it happened to me in my little car.

though of course it is the other way around .. the blood pressure (low or high I dont know?) and fatty deposits in the ears drums/canals (just made that up as a wild guess) or the lurking sluggish fluids? in the lymph system? or wotever .. causes an intolerance to movement causing nausea and loss of balance mode.

a good rest .. loss of fatty fluids due to diet and exercise .. plenty of fresh air and breathing etc .. does it for me (I must get out more soon)

of course this may not apply to you and be a load of bollax,
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Sometimes life sucks and decisions are made for the better or worse..

I've decided after lots of thought and a few tears to stop driving hgv vehicle, in the dark and rain deffinately.... During daylight it's okay local but no more long distantce for me... Had a few too many close calls recently... I'd hate to cause a serious accident so I'm going to try and find alternate work...

Walking is okay but even in dark I feel disorianted and slightly dizzy... Daylight is fine..

I put it down to the eyes and balance not working together so I'm continuing the balance exercises in the hope I can function in the dark again..

Next step is riding the bike when it bloody stops raining...
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

good call, mate …
rest the eyes/movement, 8-)
plenty of rest and 8-)
plenty of leg/walking/cycling exercise 8-)
and keep the weight down 8-) 8-) 8-)

[also for me, i keep off the alcohol and caffein ]

if this dont help the dizziness .. at least you will look good :D
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Must be an awful hard decision to make, hope you find a way/job that suits you and the exercises help
Its a trick............get an Axe
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

That's quite a change of thinking from 4 days ago.
When my attacks occurred the first thing I checked was blood pressure which was only slightly raised from 'normal for me' (probably due to anxiety). In total it was over 3 months before I noticed the symptoms had gone completely, which is nothing unusual for a virus to fully clear out of your system.
Give it time.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Well to be honest as I start work at 5. 30 am then drive up motorways mainly m3, 4 and the m25 with lots of traffic and headlights... Bunny moment lol... Bad enough in dark but throw in rain and spray and I can't make out what's in the rear view mirrors... So safety and other folks life's first...

I've been driving 30 years and will miss the looking out of window on motorways but he maybe a small van delivering in the countryside etc... But only in daylight.

If only more folks where as considerate the world would be a safer and better place to live..... Still the green lanes are safe as plenty of other stuff to bump into lol..

Return to “THE PUB”