Meniere's disease?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
PHILinFRANCE

Re: Meniere's disease?

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Ohhh thats fecking awful mate , its not linked to the migraines is it ? anyway fingers crossed for you Russ hope you do get sorted
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Don't worry mate I'm like a Terrier dog.... Ruff and ready and always up for the kill
Danand

Post by Danand »

That's a real bummer, hope you get sorted soon.
Neil
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Really sorry to hear this Russ, I knew you suffered from migraine attacks but didn't realise it was this serious.

I hope you get it under control without detriment to your LGV licence.
one-legged adventurer
IanB

Post by IanB »

Take care mate......
Time knows no limits for days such as these.............
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

I can sympathise with you having been struck down by a similar ailment on day one of my annual European bike trip in 2007. A virus damaged the receptors in my inner ear resulting in acute vertigo and nausea. 10 days in a French hospital and 4 and half months off work followed. Months of physio whilst feeling sick (likened to constant seasickness) to retrain the brain to reinterpret the conflicting signals from my balance receptors eventually got me back to work and back on 2 wheels. Although repeat episodes are a possibility, the brain very quickly picks it up again, and normally I might feel a bit dodgy anything between a few hours to a day or two, but these repeat episodes very rear thankfully. No more than 3 for me in the last 12 years I would say. Good luck and stick to the physio if that’s your treatment no matter how sick you’re feeling. Not nice but it worked for me.
Rallyx

Post by Rallyx »

Just seen this Russ let's hope it's not that, hope your feeling better soon. On the end of the phone if you need anything.
Paul.
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Been doing anything different lately?
I had a very bad bout of vertigo years ago and I think it was down to servicing a particular thing at work where i was working looking up all week with head tilted back all the way...... then went to an ac/dc concert. So violently sick the next few days if I moved at all with the room doing back flips. It's the worst feeling I've ever had. Brain sorted itself out to compensate in a week, luckily sick went in a few days. I've noticed my balance isn't good in the dark when eyes have less to focus on. Sometimes feel a bit dizzy when getting off bike in the dark.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Cheers guys....fely better this morning stopped pucking the stairs both ways causes the wobbles but purely out if pig minded stubornness i wdnt on my exercise bike did normal 15mins and was fine dud a few press ups and bam flat out...so its the up and down thjng that buggers me up...sex is out then :o :lol: ..im doing exercises which are lessening the effects , cheers steve T and its looking more like migraine related...

John yes the dark is a problem is a problem for me too...training is the answer too make the pupils react faster sime good stuff on the net fron the university Guinea pig labs..

Im gonna try the mountain bike this weekend to see how that goes...i gave up whitewater canoeing years ago dur to balance probs...

Found this link which as others have or had similar issues ...owt to keep us biking :lol:

https://vestibular.org/understanding-ve ... r-disorder
Last edited by Tramp on Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
crofty

Post by crofty »

Sorry to hear about your problem Russ, but glad you think it may be Migraine related.
I had something similar called BPPV a few years ago and was falling around in the dark, thought my riding days were over. I got diagnosed and repositioned on the national health, it a sort of exercise like Steve T mentioned where you swivel the neck to left and right to reposition debris in the inner ear, a long shot but might be connected. All the best and keep us posted on developments

Return to “THE PUB”