recomend me a laptop?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
bowber

Re: recomend me a laptop?

Post by bowber »

SSD and replace the RAM with decent known make stuff, don't add to it. My HP's have been faster with new ram and changing to an SSD makes a huge difference.
If you get something like a Samsung then it'll come with a program that allows you to ghost your current drive over to the SSD (you'll need a USB drive case if there isn't room for 2 drives in the case) even my Norton internet security didn't complain at the change, it just booted up as previous (a lot faster though)

Steve
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Cheers fellas I've changed ram and HDrives before have a external driver and copy programme...

I like the laptop layout and size and it's new lol.. So I'll start with ram first and lockinto the ssd change too..

Any particular ssd that's reliable above others reccon 250gb is big enough..
DanielS

Post by DanielS »

If you're ok with popping a SSD in yourself and 256GB is ok. PM me your address, I have a Dell one lying around that you can have FOC.
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

If your going to buy ram aria technology and scan computers are good and well priced use them a lot
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

DanielS wrote: โ†‘Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:04 pm If you're ok with popping a SSD in yourself and 256GB is ok. PM me your address, I have a Dell one lying around that you can have FOC.

ive sent a pm to you and thanks very much for the kind offer.. :D
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Okay updates... I fitted 2 new 4gb ram chips.. And it was faster and more stable... Installed a ssd drive from Daniels... Man so quick so one happy biker... Can now get on with planning next year's routes on basecamp without the thing crashing...

Much appreciated folks...

Return to โ€œTHE PUBโ€