Wigan Motorbike and Scooters. ( Keys )

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
nickoff

Wigan Motorbike and Scooters. ( Keys )

Post by nickoff »

A few months ago I part exchanged my Honda Transalp 700 for a Suzuki V Strom 650 xt with 2000 miles on the clock, from the above dealer. I was quiet happy with the deal and love the Strom. A few weeks later someone from the dealer rang me up asking if I'd handed in the spare set of keys from the Transalp on the exchange. I assured them that I had. A week or so later the new owner of the Honda called asking the same question and after telling him that I had definitely handed the spare keys over he got onto Wigan Motorbikes and they coughed up for a new set.
A few days ago I decided to do a bit of maintenance on the Strom and lo and behold the spare keys wouldn't fit. After examining them it was clear that although they were Suzuki keys they were completely different. Yes I know I should have checked them when I first got the bike. After ringing the dealer I was assured that someone would be in contact with me to sort it out. Still waiting. It seems to me that there are 3 bikes that have been sold by Wigan that only have one set of keys. What the feck is going on?

Nick.
scotsy

Re: Wigan Motorbike and Scooters. ( Keys )

Post by scotsy »

Wigan Honda is closing soon and being served by blackpool honda now (as is Lancaster)
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

scotsy wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:31 pm Wigan Honda is closing soon and being served by blackpool honda now (as is Lancaster)
I don't think we are talking about the same dealer.
tefflon

Post by tefflon »

Hi m8
It’s very strange but I’d be ringing them and asking them how the new owners of your old bike got hold of your number. I’m quite sure that they are not allowed to give your details to anyone unless you give them permission
nickoff wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:59 pm [quote=scotsy post_id=649010 time=<a href="tel:1572035480">1572035480</a> user_id=4879]
Wigan Honda is closing soon and being served by blackpool honda now (as is Lancaster)
I don't think we are talking about the same dealer.
[/quote]
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

Finally got the key sorted. After a few phone calls and emails to Wigan Motorcycles they told me to take the bike to my nearest Suzuki dealer, B &B Motorcycles, Lincoln, and they would cover the cost of a new key to be cut and programmed. Luckily the weather wasn't too bad on Friday and so rode the 30 miles over to Lincoln. It took about three quarters of an hour and cost Wigan £72.00. Result.

Nick.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Sounds like a result and good service after all from the selling dealer.

TTFN

Hugh.
Chalky723

Post by Chalky723 »

The suspicious bugger in me wonders if 3 people are going to find their bikes going AWOL in the next year or so.....

D

Return to “THE PUB”