Motorhome servicing Gloucester/ Cheltenham

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Spike941

Motorhome servicing Gloucester/ Cheltenham

Post by Spike941 »

I know a few on here have camper vans/Motorhome etc, as thinking of getting Motorhome myself. Just wondered if anyone in my area (Gloucester/Cheltenham) can recommend a service/MOT/ hab check place?
Tramp

Re: Motorhome servicing Gloucester/ Cheltenham

Post by Tramp »

Any garage can service and mot it just tell them weight and height lol... As for habitation check its a waste of money... If everything works its fine fridge cooling okay and no black soot on vent its fine... Nice blue flame on gas hob grill its fine... Ive had mktorhomes for over 15years and never done one yet...

Plenty of dealers aroind Taunton area if your really bothered but they like your money...

I service mine myself and just get mot garage to check brakes etx at mot... Cambelt is worth checking when last changed... Most are fiat based but mines a renault master 3.0dci lol..

The motorhomwe forums can be helpfull.
Griff097

Post by Griff097 »

I have a mate with a Hymer up in Gloucester I can ask, have you bought one or still looking?
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

Griff097 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:42 pm I have a mate with a Hymer up in Gloucester I can ask, have you bought one or still looking?
Having a serious look at 7.34m Coachbuilt tomorrow. Tried to convince Mrs Spike that we should get a tent on wheels, but she wants a holiday home on wheels. I lost.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

If you buy from a dealer they all lie and work on the basis if its broken leave it and if you spot it in warrenty pwriod they fix it, rather than check van all over..

So chexck everyrhing works even on a private sale also put water into on board tank and check for leaks... Mine is 7.23 mtrs lol..
Griff097

Post by Griff097 »

He suggests Forest Vehicle Services Cinderford for mechanical work and for habitation work Dave Newell in Telford is very good and far cheaper than main dealer.
Hope that helps.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Talk to Dave Newell at LVS on 01952 587702, good people to deal with.

They also rent out vans if you want to try before you buy......

anything I can do to help give me a shout think I've pretty much made most mistakes which learning what to do

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Return to “THE PUB”