Lane Closed Due To Rave .

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Pint Master

Lane Closed Due To Rave .

Post by Pint Master »

On trying to turn into part of Peddars Way this morning I was stopped by the police and asked for ID , gave my driving licence , I asked what was going on and was told there was a rave taking place and they suspected that I was a "spotter", the young Policeman asked me why I wanted to ride the lane and where I was going afterwards , he was quite officious and told me that what I was doing was very odd and asked why had I come from Cambridgeshire to Norfolk to do this odd thing, whilst they were checking me and my bike out I took a photo of the two officers and their Pickup on doing this they got very upset and said "So You Are a Spotter Then " apparently rave organisers employ spotters on motorcycles to advise them of any Police presence in the local area , after they had checked me out I was allowed to go but not down Peddars Way as there were apparently loads of people out of it on Nitrous Oxide so much so that Ambulance Crews were refusing to attend.Image
Trev

Re: Lane Closed Due To Rave .

Post by Trev »

It's actually good to see plod out doing their thing, a copper being 'officious' with you is maybe small price to pay for them keeping an eye on the rave and it's attendants.
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Seen raves on the Ridgeway before but been let through or guided through by one of them. Another time one of them jumped on back of bike for a ride through crowd. Never had any problems.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Wow - takes me back to about 1992. Didn't know anyone was outdoor raving much anymore. It's great to know that some liberated souls are still up for it. My last outing was Castlemorton - what a buzz that was. Got any veras?
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

daveuprite wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:36 pm Wow - takes me back to about 1992. Didn't know anyone was outdoor raving much anymore. It's great to know that some liberated souls are still up for it. My last outing was Castlemorton - what a buzz that was. Got any veras?

I agree, as long as they pick up their litter afterwards. I went to loads in the late '90s :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

People enjoying themselves..?
That will never do

Its a trick............get an Axe
steve the grease

Post by steve the grease »

Oh the the fun of being stopped and searched, you were lucky not to have a torch checking your arse out. I was working at a ( licenced) festival near where I live and so went home at night. As it was pouring down with rain lots of people were asking me to get them Rizlas, as everything on site was soaking wet. I bought about a dozen pack of Rizlas to take in. The inevitable pull about a mile from the site, the search , the Rizlas. Fucking an hour or more explaining that no I'm not a drug dealer, waving a id card with 'Festival technical services' at them . Search me, search the fucking car, as I don't even smoke fags there wasn't much to find. Only like an hour and a half late arriving for job onsite . Thousands of pounds and man hours wasted over a few kids dancing in a muddy field. FFS.

later addition :
I've just noticed that it's actually the anniversary of the 7/7/77 festival at Street near Glastonbury, so the 42nd anniversary , that divides by 7 too! that was fun http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/glasto77.html
Last edited by steve the grease on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Perhaps the TRF could offer its services as a provider of 'spotters' just as it does for score card collection at horse events?

:D
Cone

Post by Cone »

They didn’t check down your exhaust pipe !!!

:lol: :lol:
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Return to “THE PUB”