Lady Rambler , going to speak to the Council.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Pint Master

Lady Rambler , going to speak to the Council.

Post by Pint Master »

I got stopped today on a legal lane in Norfolk by a late middle aged lady walking by herself she asked me what I was doing riding a motorcycle on a foot path I pointed out the National Speed Limit sign at the entrance to the lane and on the reverse a 30 MPH sign on leaving it apparently this doesn't make it a road in her opinion and I was spoiling her walk , I pointed out that she was actually the one breaking the law as not being a uniformed police officer she was not entitled to stop traffic , she went on for about 5 minutes apparently she's a rambler and is going to speak to the council , she asked for and got my e-mail so I look forward to that.
PHILinFRANCE

Re: Lady Rambler , going to speak to the Council.

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Should have taken a pic and posted on FB .....name and shame the fool
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

Yeah waffling on ignorantly for 5 minutes is definitly 'rambling' so she was right about at least one thing... :lol:
steve the grease

Post by steve the grease »

It's their sense of entitlement that does my head in . ' You must be wrong ' cos I am right'
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Pint Master wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:31 pm she asked for and got my e-mail so I look forward to that.
I hope you got her details in return.

We could all of spammed her rotten for the next few months
🤪🤪🤪😁
Especially with that one was on here offering ketamine, and the like.
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

Not normally to much conflict in Norfolk maybe because its a hard working countryside intensively farmed so a lot of the lanes we use are shared with heavy agricultural equipment and inland its not a magnet for tourists and day-trippers in the same way the National Parks are and there are no really big towns or cities nearby.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

I hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest her arsehole, and may her arms be too short to scratch it...
OB1

Post by OB1 »

I was riding the Peddars Way in Norfolk a couple of months ago when I was stopped by a woman waving a stick at me. As soon as I saw her, I was already pulling to the side of the trail to stop so that she could pass... not that I was going that quickly to start with. Anyway, she starts by telling me to take off my helmet, which I did - that was probably the first thing to surprise her... followed by her seeing a middle-aged bloke with grey hair riding a 250 down her "footpath". I calmly pointed out that the Peddars Way is classified as a Bridleway Open to All Traffic to which she replied: "Where does it say that?" So I showed her... on ViewRanger on my phone and on my Garmin GPS unit loaded with 1:50k OS maps. This obviously put her on the back foot as she said that she would have to go home to check with her copy of the OS map.

As she realised that I wasn't going to be pushed around, she changed tack and started asking me why I had to use these lanes rather than the Tarmac roads? She pointed out the ruts that she claimed had been caused by other motorcyclists but which were clearly caused by a 4x4... as I pointed out - how does a motorcycle (or a multitude of them) create two equidistant ruts down a trail?

Her final statement was the only thing that got me on the offensive: "You bikers are ruining it for the rest of us: there are fewer and fewer footpaths for us to walk on because you're taking over!" As calmly as I could, I pointed out that too many of the lanes around Thetford are being closed to powered vehicles whilst the network of footpaths was growing...

Unfortunately, my GoPro ran out of battery just minutes before this interaction... I wish I'd captured it all!
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

The sad thing is, there are probably many footpaths in the area which are being lost through lack of use. People walk the 'lanes' because they are kept clear by vehicles, while footpaths and bridleways are engulfed in brambles. They then complain about the vehicles...

I recall a similar conversation with a man and wife near Peterborough many years ago. We ended up with the OS map spread out on the seat of the bike, and me explaining all the different rights of way. He had started off a bit cross, but ended up thanking me for pointing out 'all the different places' he could walk.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Many,many years ago when mtb's started to become popular I got a Raleigh from Halfords and started to explore the bridleways of Norfolk, because it's so quiet here very few problems but I remember at the time we were all going to destroy the countryside :lol:
I even booked an appoitment with rights of way officer at county hall to find out where all of the legal tracks were and he said to be honest if you don't take the piss use some footpaths :o

Not all but some ramblers think they have a god given right to have the country to themselves!
Last year I tried a bridleway I hadn't seen before, the nettles etc buried my bike they were so high! Trust me no one had ever walked that!

Return to “THE PUB”