Snatch and grab.. moped gangs on TV

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tink

Snatch and grab.. moped gangs on TV

Post by Tink »

Anyone watch the program last night on moped gang's and police ?.....
The vigilantes were also very good ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Good to see the police knocking the little bastard's off them๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘Œ
Q plate

Re: Snatch and grab.. moped gangs on TV

Post by Q plate »

You tube snippet

Trev

Post by Trev »

2.20 'no visible injuries ... at the moment' :lol:
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Was the moped rider wearing a "Polite" hi viz vest?
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

In 2 minds about that, depends on what he was supposed to have done in the first place (which isnt explained did he stab someone or did he steal a packet of fags?), the Police driver seemed to be enjoying it a bit too much and at one point had to be reminded of this by his mate.
As for riding on the pavement it did look as if he had been coralled into doing this.

As I said, don't know what the initial offence was, but if it wasn't something very serious then I would judge the Plods action as overly violent.

(something they seem to engage in only when they outnumber the opposition about 5-1 or more)
No5

Post by No5 »

HedgeHopper wrote:In 2 minds about that, depends on what he was supposed to have done in the first place (which isnt explained did he stab someone or did he steal a packet of fags?), the Police driver seemed to be enjoying it a bit too much and at one point had to be reminded of this by his mate.
As for riding on the pavement it did look as if he had been coralled into doing this.

As I said, don't know what the initial offence was, but if it wasn't something very serious then I would judge the Plods action as overly violent.

(something they seem to engage in only when they outnumber the opposition about 5-1 or more)
If he had stopped for the police in the first place he wouldn't have been knocked off. They deserve all they get. About time the police were allowed to do it.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Oop North John wrote: โ†‘Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:52 am Was the moped rider wearing a "Polite" hi viz vest?
It ruined his life.....
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

HedgeHopper wrote: โ†‘Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:31 pm In 2 minds about that, depends on what he was supposed to have done in the first place (which isnt explained did he stab someone or did he steal a packet of fags?), the Police driver seemed to be enjoying it a bit too much and at one point had to be reminded of this by his mate.

The Police are acting on behalf of society. The law abiding part of it anyway.
Some Police officers have, so and will continue to act in a manor unbecoming to their office.
However, if you break the law expect to be dealt with.
If your Nan, Mum, daughter was run down by a scooter riding, helmetless thug in a park and the Police were standing back watching so as not to upset anyone....

Analogy:- if you park your car on a double yellow line and get a ticket, ITโ€™S YOUR FAULT. Not the person doing their job issuing the ticket.
Unfortunately it seems that some people will never work this out.
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

I get your point Hellas, but there are 2 sides to most events.
I don't really have enough info to make a realistic judgement on this un.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

HedgeHopper wrote: โ†‘Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:31 pm In 2 minds about that, depends on what he was supposed to have done in the first place (which isnt explained did he stab someone or did he steal a packet of fags?), the Police driver seemed to be enjoying it a bit too much and at one point had to be reminded of this by his mate.

Wow, Hedge - as you know we don't tend to agree on much :lol: , but I'm with you on this. It could go both ways.

One day an overzealous cop, freshly sanctioned to hoof kids off their scooters, will poleax some little scrote (or even someone totally innocent) into a coma or an early grave. Just in the name of clearing up some moped-based crime. Then what? A copper on a manslaughter charge? A grieving family, a dead kid, a public enquiry and a lengthy court case. Police only have any power at all because society consents to it. They've overstepped the mark MANY times before, as we all know, and this new freedom to hit mopeds has abuse of power written all over it.

Return to โ€œTHE PUBโ€