Scum !!!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Pint Master

Scum !!!

Post by Pint Master »

Fly Tip including a fridge-freezer and a solo fridge , making this worse is the fact that this lane was blocked by the landowner last year with a massive tree a few trail riders complained and Norfolk County Council made the land owner remove the obstruction , so now who's he going to blame for this little lot , if I didn't live 45 miles away I would return with a van a clear it.
Tink

Re: Scum !!!

Post by Tink »

Bloody disgraceful 😠.....
Don't know how anyone could do that!!!!
Dansin

Post by Dansin »

Unfortunately its a regular sight on our (paved) lane. I’m generally first out in the mornings and have had to stop on a fair few occasions to move it to the side so everyone can get out.

Last winter a load of garden clearance rubbish was left in the lane. Several neighbours reported it as an obstruction but the local council did nothing. A week later our farmer neighbour moved it to one side with a machine so anything bigger than car could get past. A great big branch got moved back out which I managed to collide with in my van one night. I thought I’d hit a deer the bang was so loud. Huge scratch all the way down one side of my van. The pile of bricks, slabs, pots soil and branches is still there.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Had an instance of a gateway into a field (not our field) being blocked by this kind of thing when I lived in West Wales.

I complained to the council, and was pleasantly surprised.

They sent out a clean-up crew to remove it, and then wrote to me to say that they had searched the rubbish (which included dirty nappies) and found a name and address. They were going to question the person concerned, to establish how the rubbish had got there and take steps towards prosecutions if possible.

On a broader note, it was probably an incident like this that led to the landowner obstructing the lane in the first place.

Many years ago a haulier mate of mine had rubbish dumped in his yard. Not being one to suffer fools gladly, he searched through it, found an address, then one Saturday night loaded it all up into a tipper truck. He then added all the rubbish he could find in the yard, and vey early on Sunday morning drove to the residential address of the original dumper and tipped it into his drive.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:44 pm Many years ago a haulier mate of mine had rubbish dumped in his yard. Not being one to suffer fools gladly, he searched through it, found an address, then one Saturday night loaded it all up into a tipper truck. He then added all the rubbish he could find in the yard, and vey early on Sunday morning drove to the residential address of the original dumper and tipped it into his drive.
Hopefully the recipient of the rubbish was the depositor, and not someone who's address was added by the actual owner of the rubbish!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Apparently most of the dumping is done by companies saving money on waste disposal, problem is if the rubbish is traced back to your address and the firm you use don`t have the paper work to say they disposed of it properly . . .
I get a waste disposal certificate to say our waste company dispose of our waste correctly, if they don`t up to them!
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

This is a dull but very worthy subject, and something I used to be involved with sometimes as an environmental consultant in the UK in days gone by. You may need to take a pro-plus at this point...

Basically it is the responsibility of the person whose waste is being collected/transported/disposed of to ensure that the company doing the work is a registered waste carrier (registered with the Environment Agency), and that they have a valid Waste Carriers Licence ('upper tier' in the case of skip-type companies) with a consignment note for your job.

If the company/individual goes on to tip your waste all over a local lane in order to avoid weighbridge charges at the landfill site / civic amenity site, and if you did not check and verify the above, then you are liable for a fine along with the guilty 'carrier' if they are caught.

If the waste is tipped on public/council-owned land then it is the responsibility of the local authority to clear it up and pay disposal costs. If it's tipped on private land then clear up becomes the responsibility of the land-owner, however unfair that may sound. If a prosecution of the guilty tipper is successful then costs might be recouped, but this is rare.

Evidence of an address amongst the rubbish is not evidence that the rubbish came from that source, although it may help EA, the local council, police to investigate further and find more evidence sufficient for a case to be brought.

Loads more on all this is on the EA website.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz....
Warthog

Post by Warthog »

Serious crime makes the news such as stabbings and the like, and sure, its note-worthy but I often think its stuff like this; the apathy and petty selfishness, the inconsideration and disrespect to others in the community that makes living in certain places unpleasant and I'm pretty sure that if society and the authorities came down harder on stuff like this, there'd be less filtering-up" into more serious crime too.

Even little stuff like parking carelessly in a crowded carpark. If someone can't even inconvenience themselves for an extra 10 seconds to park straight, will they give a damn about other stuff?

But call the police and they don't come.
Call the council and they don't respond.
Confront the wrong-doers and you either end up in hospital or get hauled in front of a magistrates court for causing a confrontation.
The only options are grin and bear it, or tidy it on your own "dime" and time.

It really makes me feel despondent about the state of the world my girls will inherit.

I will say this though: 11 years ago and a year after I arrived in Estonia, a civic movement group here organised a national clear-up day. They mobilised about 30,000 people around the country to clear up unofficial dumps that had built up over the years.

At the end of the day, hundreds of tons of junk had been skipped or bagged around the country and the blood and sweat had done a number of things: cleaned up an area, bonded the communities that got involved, made fly-tipping a front page story, turned a small one-day event into something that would go global and finally made people way more aware of the casual littering that we see every day.

The scheme is called Let's Do It World and about 5 years after the first, the managed to mobilise 10% of the entire Slovenian population to go do the same on a single day.

When you know that many people are sick of your crappy behaviour, you think twice about fly-tipping.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Unfortunately, here it would just mean that ‘someone else will clear it up’ so it would probably get worse.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Cone

Post by Cone »

I cam across on of these on the lanes near Pontypridd with dead animals inside it.. lots of them!

Return to “THE PUB”