Parking Rant

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Cone

Re: Parking Rant

Post by Cone »

Interestingly I just had this response from the parking company and apparently it is not a fine;

It is unclear what you mean by a ‘break down’ of our costs, we are a business and the charge is a contractual sum; the charge is not intended to bear any relation to our costs.

Apparently I am entitled to understand how they calculated they’re losses. But if it’s not a fine then it may change my stance. I may have to go to trading standards or citizens advice
Cone

Post by Cone »

Now this...

Now I’m going back to take photos of the signs it says fine...

Thank you for your email.

You are correct, the charge is not a fine; it is a contractual charge that the driver agreed to pay by parking at the location in the manner in which the vehicle was observed.

Proportionality is of no relevance, just as the charges at the soft play area that you visited bear no relevance to any perceived ‘losses’ also.

With respect, we have no wish to enter into an exchange of multiple non-productive emails. We have addressed your queries, therefore, no further correspondence will be addressed or responded to.

Kind Regards
Complaints Department
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Chuck the ticket away and don't reply to anything they send you
simonw

Post by simonw »

The key to this is that the signage has to be clear, since it is that which prescribes the 'contract' which you enter into when you park. Definitely recommend googling around - there's plenty of good advice out there.
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

what and you bothered to pay it, i would not have bothered

Return to “THE PUB”