A story to rock your whole belief system......

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
scutty

A story to rock your whole belief system......

Post by scutty »

You'll probably want to be sitting down before you read this....

So, my car insurance is due on the 29th and the nice people at LV sent me a renewal reminder. No mention of auto-renewal at all, just a price and a link to click if I wanted to renew.
Now I wasn't born yesterday - I know how much insurance companies love to fleece loyal customers so I begin my annual comparison-site pilgrimage.
I loaded up all my details, the wife's details, that little dent she got when a lorry backed into her, declared everything then hit the button - the smugness running through me! I'll show those LV renewal people!!

Can you imagine my surprise when the search ended and LV were the cheapest! Now imagine my absolute horror when I checked and the renewal quote was cheaper!!

I have spent all day on the look out for the 4 horsemen...................this must be a the end of times - an insurance company giving an existing customer a better price than those bloody meerkats and the fat loud man!!!

With weak resignation, I clicked the renewal link, take my money LV, you've won....
OnHellas

Re: A story to rock your whole belief system......

Post by OnHellas »

Thanks for sharing the good news....

My experience with LV using their Auto Renewal back in 2016 was exactly the same.

In fact any dealings I’ve had with them be it for bikes or cars have been super.
Buying in the first place, mid term changes for vehicles. Even after a bereavement they were nothing but spot on.

Luckily I’ve not had to claim but a mate of mine got his bike knocked over by an LV insured driver.....the pay out took about a week.

When I’m back from our travels LV will be my first port of call for insurance.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I’ve been with them for years for cars and their pricing has always been very fair.
Maybe because they started as part of the CSMA (Civil Service Motoring Association) club so have more morals than most companies.
Even though they sold the business, it is still closely linked.
Their Britannia Rescue is very competitive too.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

my last two years have been the same on jans car car and my bikes, but it its still worth having a shop around but be aware of multiple searches as the price creeps up, pay through a different ip adress computer and you will notice the price reverts back, summat to do with an algorithm softwaremy mate was trying to explain to me

Return to “THE PUB”