Put a real dampener on my holiday.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
lancashirelad

Put a real dampener on my holiday.

Post by lancashirelad »

We've been upto Scotland as usual for the pre65trial in Kinlochleven, I received a phone call early Monday morning to tell me the guy who navigated for me during my car rally days had collapsed whilst walking with his wife on the beach on Lindisfarne, & unfortunately he didn't make it. 60yrs old.
We were just about to send an entry in for an event using all the famous night rally roads on maps 97 & 98 around N Yorks, being run during the day, non competetive, it would've been great to drive some of the old roads together.

I have some great memories of the things we got up to during the rallies we did, and at other times, RIP Mick Speak you will be sorely missed. I've just spoken to his partner on the phone, one of the hardest calls I've every made.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
MotoCP

Re: Put a real dampener on my holiday.

Post by MotoCP »

Very sad indeed.
That must have been a very distressing experience for his wife. 60 is no age these days.
Well done for making the difficult phone call. Treasure the good times you had together.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

A sad tale and obviously a friend that will sadly be missed.
Another timely reminder that we need to get on with things while we can.
As said above, remember the good times...but remember to carry on making good times too.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Sad news
A work colleague dropped dead last week, in his 60's too
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I lost my dad when I was 22 so I know how his son feels right now.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Condolences to you regarding your mate's untimely death and also for the memories it brings back about your own Dad's passing.
Increasingly when looking at holidays, bike trips, walking trips etc etc I'm adopting the mindset of "if not now then when?" because one day we ain't going to feel up to it.
It's strange how we spend our time of good health accumulating wealth but usually it is the former which runs out first. Carpe Diem.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

RIP Mick,60 is indeed no age. My condolences to his family and of course to you.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

The funeral was today, massive turn out everybody couldn't get into the crematorium chapel, Pink Floyd Comfortably Numb on the way in Seven Seas of Rhye by Queen as we left, we went back to the pub but his partner couldn't face it as it's still to raw, quite a few of the guys I used to rally with were there, we had the usual we only meet up on these sort of occasions conversation & agreed to meet up more but to be honest you never do, until the next funeral, sad really.

Return to “THE PUB”