Police and thieves...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Police and thieves...

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

...oh yeah!

Now I'm not an uncritical police 'fanboy'..although 99% of the time they've been OK with me, but I'm shocked by this.

The 'tactical contact' stopping of motorcycle thieves was an effective tactic...but for how much longer after this

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... nduct-case

I also read that where stop and search has proved effective in reducing knife crime certain 'community leaders' are saying that it's racist etc.

Well, I'd rather be stopped and searched at the airport than blown to bits by an idiot with a bomb, and I'd rather be stopped and searched on the streets than die in a gutter in a pool of my own blood.

Time we had a proper debate about policing in this country...
garyboy

Re: Police and thieves...

Post by garyboy »

saw this earlier .. was bound to happen.

real justice is not allowed.

there are many agendas happening here.
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

My opinion, giving the police rights to arm themselves and infilict harm without repercussions above what you afford anyone else whilst taking their orders from the elite who run the country = a virtual fascist state in disguise, its always been this way so most people don't notcie that they have no freedom in this country beyond what those who know best consider allowable.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

HedgeHopper wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 10:58 pm My opinion, giving the police rights to arm themselves and infilict harm without repercussions above what you afford anyone else whilst taking their orders from the elite who run the country = a virtual fascist state in disguise, its always been this way so most people don't notcie that they have no freedom in this country beyond what those who know best consider allowable.
In your opinion is that a good or a bad thing?
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Well, I have no problem with the bit about (some) police being armed and indeed having powers above an ordinary civilian, it's the virtual immunity from repercussions when they missuse their powers that is a problem, yea you get investigations, but the way a policeman/women is treated by the legal system often turns out to be nothing like an ordinary citizen's exposure to the supposed same system.

I do wonder is the new' Independent' Office for Police Conduct any different from the old 'Independent' Police Complaints Commission, which seemed to have rather a lot of ex-police amongst it's 'independent' staff?
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

HedgeHopper wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:10 am Well, I have no problem with the bit about (some) police being armed and indeed having powers above an ordinary civilian, it's the virtual immunity from repercussions when they missuse their powers that is a problem, yea you get investigations, but the way a policeman/women is treated by the legal system often turns out to be nothing like an ordinary citizen's exposure to the supposed same system.

I do wonder is the new' Independent' Office for Police Conduct any different from the old 'Independent' Police Complaints Commission, which seemed to have rather a lot of ex-police amongst it's 'independent' staff?
Yes I can understand that, however looking at it from my point of view (I'm not a Police Officer or related to one) the fear of crime is a much greater concern than a criminal getting injured when up to no good, that maybe selfish and could be as a result of tv and social media being flooded with video's of criminals but they know the Law and should obey it like I do.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

1BADE198-8FE6-49AA-8D2D-B83562DDF301.jpeg
1BADE198-8FE6-49AA-8D2D-B83562DDF301.jpeg (215.19 KiB) Viewed 2842 times
)
bowber

Post by bowber »

I'm kind of on the fence about this sort of thing.
Using the tactic of knocking the scooter thieves off should be continued but each incident needs to be looked at to make sure it was justified and carried out in a reasonable fashion, hopefully this officer will get a fair review and not be used as a scapegoat for some political back scratching. It's important that our police have independent oversight to control some of the over zealous officers who believe they have the power to decide who is guilty or just plain lose their cool in a difficult situation.

Steve
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

A post has been made elsewhere the alleged young offender has failed to turn up for the hearing.
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Tonibe63 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:14 am
HedgeHopper wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:10 am Well, I have no problem with the bit about (some) police being armed and indeed having powers above an ordinary civilian, it's the virtual immunity from repercussions when they missuse their powers that is a problem, yea you get investigations, but the way a policeman/women is treated by the legal system often turns out to be nothing like an ordinary citizen's exposure to the supposed same system.

Yes I can understand that, however looking at it from my point of view (I'm not a Police Officer or related to one) the fear of crime is a much greater concern than a criminal getting injured when up to no good, that maybe selfish and could be as a result of tv and social media being flooded with video's of criminals but they know the Law and should obey it like I do.
Sorry, I didnt mean to sound like I was against proper criminals getting what they deserve, in many ways justice system is way too soft on the whole, but it's also very unfairly delivered, police, nobility, politicians all get favourable treatment compared to a working class lad

The Great British Police force was created to facilitate protection of the wealthy and defence of privilege, It's evolved in many ways since then but this core tenet remains

Return to “THE PUB”