Rights of Way Act

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
PaulinBont

Rights of Way Act

Post by PaulinBont »

We all know the detrimental impact that the CROW 2000 Act has had on access to byways and trail riding. As we feared, the denial of access rights is ongoing and the Rambliars Association are getting their voices heard because they are louder than the trail riding fraternity. Cyclists and horse riders are next in the firing line despite their smug anti-trail riding stance as the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority, despite their mantra of "access to all", widen the use of CROW.

Cavers have been denied long-held access to Draenan cave in Breconshire:

https://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=22437.0

Access to all? I can foresee a time when cyclists and horses get banned from byways; overly worried or not, not sure.
johnnyboxer

Re: Rights of Way Act

Post by johnnyboxer »

I thought it was NERC ?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

The Brecon Beacons National Park no longer deserves it's title, It is largely owned by wealthy Nobs and Farmers, with access fully under their control and is managed by Rangers who sit in their pockets and have a cozy relationship with the Police whom they influence to further their own interests, in at least one occasion using intimidating scare tactics to imply legal Riders were breaking the law when they most obviously were not
Its a trick............get an Axe
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

We got spoken to at the cafe in Sennybridge by a BBNPA warden sitting in a police car " because we looked like we were off-roaders"

We had been out on a legal series of by-ways!

Cozy relationship....I should say!!!
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

johnnyboxer wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:16 am I thought it was NERC ?

The BBNPA stance was that NERC automatically extinguished any previous vehicular rights held under CROW. A lot of trail riders who rode Sarn Helen and the Gap Road regularly and were TRF members originally, did not renew their memberships because the perception was/is that the TRF weren't fighting their corner.

My original point was that ( to paraphrase someone in 1930's Germany ) first they came after the trail riders, then the cyclists and then the horse riders, now caving access is a hot potato , soon there will be no-one left but the Rambliars to enjoy the countryside.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

PaulinBont wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:43 pm

My original point was that ( to paraphrase someone in 1930's Germany ) first they came after the trail riders, then the cyclists and then the horse riders, now caving access is a hot potato , soon there will be no-one left but the Rambliars to enjoy the countryside.
Which is exactly the Rambliars aim......
steve the grease

Post by steve the grease »

Crossrutted wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:03 pm
PaulinBont wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:43 pm

Which is exactly the Rambliars aim......
Some Ramblers are very nice people . However a lot of them seem to be fascists. They have a ridiclous sense of self entitlement and seem to disapprove of any other user group. I live half way up a bridleway ( Catcitrus had a picture of the end of our track) . What are you supposed to do when some Rambler is hitting your car with a stick and going " You have no right to drive up here". " Er, I live in the flipping house, you back to front". ISIS with trecking poles.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I'm in the same situation...it hasn't happened to me yet.

But we live in hope

Return to “THE PUB”