What has the TRF done for you, this year?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Asgard

Re: What has the TRF done for you, this year?

Post by Asgard »

The members have not required the company to obtain an audit of its accounts for the year in question in accordance with section 476
Something for the to do list perhaps?
Its a trick............get an Axe
johnnyboxer

What has the TRF done for you, this year?

Post by johnnyboxer »

I thought it was a good video that was all
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings once again today,

I think that we are perhaps coming over rather one sided. I am sure that we all agree that collectively the TRF and its Directors do a damn fine job but lacks accountability to its Members.

Let's be clear I am not accusing anybody of false accounting, etc. Indeed I should like to protect the Directors too so perhaps what is required is a form of 'Standards Committee' which could regularly oversee for example how the Directorship spend monies, award contracts, etc, and how it behaves towards the Membership. Such a committee would NOT be accountable to the Directorship, members of the SC could be elected at the AGM and not be voted upon by the Directors, but could be called as Moderators and be accountable directly to the Membership. It would have the right to communicate direct to the Membership and when necessary even be able to council and sanction the Directorship if and as appropriate.

Worth discussing?

TTFN

Hugh.
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

johnnyboxer wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:02 pm I thought it was a good video that was all Image
JB, mate I wouldn't bother.
We all know there is a vocal hard core of TRF haters on the ABR forum.
No amount of positive stories on the TRF are going to change their minds.
Just enjoy your own local TRF club, as I do mine and leave the haters to hate - it's what seems to keep 'em happy.

Enjoy your laning mate.
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Fried Egg Sandwich wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:55 pm
johnnyboxer wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:02 pm I thought it was a good video that was all Image
Just enjoy your own local TRF club, as I do mine and leave the haters to hate - it's what seems to keep 'em happy.

Enjoy your laning mate.
So which post do you interoperate as hate ? No longer being allowed to express a differing opinion, to the power that be, without being sanctioned is what killed the TRF forum.
Alun

Post by Alun »

What has the TRF done for you this year?

They organised ride leaders for the ABR Festival in 2018 and gave a whole bunch of riders a great day out on the lanes. They are doing the same at this years Festival.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Fried Egg Sandwich wrote:

Enjoy your laning mate.
Cheers
I will

With money we don't have

johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Alun wrote:What has the TRF done for you this year?

They organised ride leaders for the ABR Festival in 2018 and gave a whole bunch of riders a great day out on the lanes. They are doing the same at this years Festival.
See
They do some good for ABR members

With money we don't have

Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

The TRF has done a lot of good over the years, and I hope will continue to do so in the future.

I just object to the treatment of certain members, who actually played a big part in the good done in those years, who have been excluded from the organisation for what seems to be nothing other than a personal whim of a director, while legitimate internal debate is stifled.

When I was part of the TRF, I got sent a useful document about rights of way law and terminology by the Welsh Government with the request that I make it available to the TRF membership in Wales. I though that was a really good Idea, as it was a basic primer and explanation of the terminology. I got very cross and spiteful communications from two directors who were insistent that they and only they should be allowed to give out rights of way information.

More recently, we still don't have a rational explanation for why one post made by a former group chairman was deemed to be so damaging to the TRF that the forum had to be closed down, while the same post remains on TRF's Facebook for a much wider audience to see. Who benefits from Facebook?

It's very strange...and makes me feel uneasy as to the future direction the organisation will take. I suspect the monetisation of trail riding plays quite a significant part in the current thinking.
2 Yams

Post by 2 Yams »

Alun wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:37 pm What has the TRF done for you this year?

Possibly part of a recruitment drive? ;)

2 Yams

Return to “THE PUB”