not bike related but a sobering thought

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tramp

not bike related but a sobering thought

Post by Tramp »

Owe the irony of lifes injustice...minimum wage 8.21 per hour at my age ...i can get a job with no skills or responsibilities...

Im a fully qualified hgv driver who can operate most vehicles and carry anything worth millions requiring lots of money spent training yet?...........im only paid ยฃ10.50 per hour...so not a lot more than being in a brain dead job...

Just how the hell did we as a nation end up in this situation....?
Tink

Re: not bike related but a sobering thought

Post by Tink »

I drive hgv grab truck, get way more than that, maybe you should have a go ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿป
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

I know the feeling there you can work stacking shelves at a local supermarket for nearly 9.00 an hour yet I drive up and down the nw fixing and maintaining interactive gaming machines programming etc and get 9.90 and flat rate overtime
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Tink is that muck away work?...ive got hiab unlimited lift weight and low loader experience ...dont do night away...was recently on hiab builder merchant until thd boss pressed my wrong button :evil: so it was walk or punch his lights out :lol: ...i feel so less stressed now..
Tink

Post by Tink »

Tramp wrote: โ†‘Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:23 pm Tink is that muck away work?...ive got hiab unlimited lift weight and low loader experience ...dont do night away...was recently on hiab builder merchant until thd boss pressed my wrong button :evil: so it was walk or punch his lights out :lol: ...i feel so less stressed now..
Tramp.... Yes it's an 8 wheeler tipper with a clamshell bucket for loading and unloading ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป. You can earn good money on them...
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

and train drivers are on ยฃ50,000 a year, presumably for the responsibility of other people lives, driving a lorry on busy roads hmm
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Tramp wrote: โ†‘Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:51 pm Owe the irony of lifes injustice...minimum wage 8.21 per hour at my age ...i can get a job with no skills or responsibilities...

Im a fully qualified hgv driver who can operate most vehicles and carry anything worth millions requiring lots of money spent training yet?...........im only paid ยฃ10.50 per hour...so not a lot more than being in a brain dead job...

You've got me on my soap box now...it's because we as consumers, expect 'free shipping'.

The strategy among transport bosses is to dumb the job down until a chimp can do it, then pay accordingly. It doesn't matter how badly it's done, so long as it's cheap. Much of it has been enabled by sat-navs...pre sat-nav you didn't just pay a driver for what he did, but also what he knew...ie how to get from Dorchester to Devises avoiding all low bridges and weight restrictions.

Tink has highlighted the way forward...use another skill besides driving...like grab operation.

In my day job, I've done a couple of 'day in the life' stories on the guys who drive timber trucks in and out of the forests, self-loading with huge cranes...somehow I don't think they do that for NMW. Sat nav won't work, no phone signal, you've got an OS map which may or may not show the forest road you need to be on, and X marks the spot of the logs you have to find.
It's like orienteering, except you've got over 18-metres of truck and trailer behind you, and 500 hp under your boot. Best drivers you ever saw.

Glad you've left the BM job Tramp...the way you were treated was shocking.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Tink wrote: โ†‘Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:23 pm
Tramp wrote: โ†‘Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:23 pm Tink is that muck away work?...ive got hiab unlimited lift weight and low loader experience ...dont do night away...was recently on hiab builder merchant until thd boss pressed my wrong button :evil: so it was walk or punch his lights out :lol: ...i feel so less stressed now..
Tramp.... Yes it's an 8 wheeler tipper with a clamshell bucket for loading and unloading ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป. You can earn good money on them...
Tidy looking truck
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Tramp wrote: โ†‘Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:51 pm
Did you ever vote Tory, Russ? As a hard-working bloke, I hope not. But if you did then sorry but you answered your own question. They are NOT on your side.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Clambshell or tree grab are just another attachment...as for offroading im quite good at getting lost apparently so bosses tell me, jm just taking the stresslees less traffic route..

I genuinely enjoy driving put me in a factory or office and id kill everyone...dont do chicken sheds :lol: ..

Return to โ€œTHE PUBโ€